• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I dont know what to do I feel so depressed because I feel like I am losing my best friend.

Carol1952

Carol1952

I feel so depressed because I feel like I am losing my best friend she use to sit with me three times a week and now if i get lucky i get her only once a week.I know it is her job driving people around but it isnt a full time job,I mean some days she can stay but for crying out loud it is getting much worse,she is the only one who listens to me and loves me i know she does as i do her.SHe even has said many times she wishes she could help me and she can really sympathize with anyone who has a mental illness she has mentioned many a times she cannot imagine what it is like to have anxieties and depression among other things,I know that I depend on her but I dont want anything to happen to her good lord if something did i would die inside a million times.I cant say anything to her about her job because the last time she did kind of snap at me for telling her how i felt i think she has a mental illness to i do know that she has mild depression,SHe says it isnt her fault that is her job i know and understand that but why do I Have to break down and cry whenever she cannot stay?SHe herself even knows that I am afraid of losing her and she said that is not going to happen but still i worry.I just feel alone without her.I feel the need t o be around her 24 hours a day and i know that is not possible.SHe knows to that it bothers me a lot when she cannot stay.I am sorry but i had to get it out.I cannot lose her.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I feel so depressed because I feel like I am losing my best friend she use to sit with me three times a week and now if i get lucky i get her only once a week.I know it is her job driving people around but it isnt a full time job,I mean some days she can stay but for crying out loud it is getting much worse,she is the only one who listens to me and loves me i know she does as i do her.SHe even has said many times she wishes she could help me and she can really sympathize with anyone who has a mental illness she has mentioned many a times she cannot imagine what it is like to have anxieties and depression among other things,I know that I depend on her but I dont want anything to happen to her good lord if something did i would die inside a million times.I cant say anything to her about her job because the last time she did kind of snap at me for telling her how i felt i think she has a mental illness to i do know that she has mild depression,SHe says it isnt her fault that is her job i know and understand that but why do I Have to break down and cry whenever she cannot stay?SHe herself even knows that I am afraid of losing her and she said that is not going to happen but still i worry.I just feel alone without her.I feel the need t o be around her 24 hours a day and i know that is not possible.SHe knows to that it bothers me a lot when she cannot stay.I am sorry but i had to get it out.I cannot lose her.
Hello Carol it's one of the worst things to be lonely. How about maybe getting someone else who can be there more often? Can you keep her and get someone else for the rest of the days? I'm sorry you feel like this your in my thoughts.

Carol1952

Carol1952

Hello Carol it's one of the worst things to be lonely. How about maybe getting someone else who can be there more often? Can you keep her and get someone else for the rest of the days? I'm sorry you feel like this your in my thoughts.
She is the only one I live in elderly housing and people here do nothing but snoop report u for everything u do.They are nothing but busy bodies.GOsh i do hope she can stay today.I am already missing her. I have two kids but they dont want to bother.hey i cannot even get them to help me with anything.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

She is the only one I live in elderly housing and people here do nothing but snoop report u for everything u do.They are nothing but busy bodies.GOsh i do hope she can stay today.I am already missing her. I have two kids but they dont want to bother.hey i cannot even get them to help me with anything.
Can I ask you are the apartments there close together or far apart?

bpd2020

bpd2020

I think you are in a really difficult situation because she is the only person you have. It sounds like she has other things going on in her life such as work so she is unable to visit you often. I am so sorry. It is so hard to feel lonely and to be alone.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I know it’s hard but I think you should feel happy that your friend goes because it means that she is taking good care of herself. It sounds like she is in the kind of job where she is in constant contact in service to other people and that can be draining. When you have that kind of job it is very important to take good care of yourself and spend time on your own in self care to recharge your batteries. Try not to put extra pressure on her by asking her to stay longer or more often. It may be too much of a drain on her. Remember you don’t have anything else like a job right now pulling at your attention or your time and energy: she does. I’m sure you will both enjoy your time together more if you just enjoy the company of
each other in the time that you do have together and spend less time worrying about the time you don’t. You are so lucky to have such a compassionate and caring friend in her. xo, j

Carol1952

Carol1952

I think you are in a really difficult situation because she is the only person you have. It sounds like she has other things going on in her life such as work so she is unable to visit you often. I am so sorry. It is so hard to feel lonely and to be alone.
you got that right i wish they would just hire someone else to do the guy job that left.Being alone stinks

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

very close together u can hear what is going on.i hate it
That's how it is here too. No privacy you can hear right through the walls. It makes my anxiety worse especially when I have to go to the bathroom. Who ever built this place must have been drunk. Thanks Carol I Kno what you mean.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

And neighbor is making me angry she bangs her door all day. Makes noise it's a hopeless case.☹

Carol1952

Carol1952

That's how it is here too. No privacy you can hear right through the walls. It makes my anxiety worse especially when I have to go to the bathroom. Who ever built this place must have been drunk. Thanks Carol I Kno what you mean.
I just dont know what they were thinking when they built this place,at least my friend came today and she sat with me for about an hour and explained why she couldnt come i guess her and the other worker have to deliver big boxes of meals around on Tuesday and Wed.You can drop a fart around here without someone knowing it