• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't know what to do anymore

S

sunnydayz12

Hi all

This is my first post here and I'm really desperate for help. I have had recurring major depressive episodes over the past year and a bit (this is my third one) and I'm pretty sure I have binge eating disorder as well (have not talked to doctor about this). Every time I feel better and seem to "get out" of my depression, a few months later the melancholy, anger, self loathing, sadness and lack of motivation is back. I have also had a couple periods (of a few months at a time) of binge eating over the past year where it starts as overeating a few days, often to suppress negative feelings, and then turns into an almost daily habit of stuffing myself with food. I have tried many times to stop binging but after a day or 2 the urge and craving for carbs/sugar/junk food gets so strong that all I can think about is food and I feel anxious and on edge until I binge. I have also been binge drinking alone a few times in the past couple weeks to numb my feelings. Like with the eating, I get the urge and anxious feeling to drink. I have tried so many times to help myself and stop my binge eating and lift myself out of my depression, but it feels so hopeless. I have been to psychiatrists and a psychologist but don't have any long term care for my disorders. I do have some support from my family and close friends but I still feel very alone and lost. I've looked up ways to stop binge eating, get out of depression etc, and I do feel better some days but its like I can never fully escape this. I really don't know how to help myself at this point. I just want to regain control and peace in my life.

Do you have any advice on how to help myself? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. :shrug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi ya and :welcome: to the forum

I think personally that the best thing for you is to try and find a counsellor to talk about how you are feeling and your Binge Eating. There can be some cheap ones around. Can I ask where you are from? You don't have to answer of course :)

I'm glad that you have some support at least from some family and friends but also understand that feeling of feeling alone.

Marliee x

Edit.

MagicJays post below is a lot better than mine.

Last edited:
MagicJay

MagicJay

Hi I'm sorry your having such a hard time :(

I know the feeling with comfort eating, I do it a lot when I'm down too I've put a lot of weight on from it and know I need to stop but it is very hard.

I know you said you seen a psychiatrists and psychologist, but nothing long term could that be something you look into maybe go to your doctor and speak to them about it?

The thing with depression is, its a hidden demon that loves to allow you believe everything is okay just so it can rip away that hope again just so it breaks you so much more till it gets to a point it catches you in its very evil circle which can seem never ending but always remember not matter how long it takes how hard you have fight you will feel better you will beat this demon.