• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

I don't know what I have

Brownangel

Brownangel

A couple years ago I was purging because I thought everyone hated me and it felt like I was punishing myself. Now I keep thinking of doing it again but I don't instead I am eating less and less but sometimes I overeat. I don't know what to do.

B

bpd2020

Hello Brownangel. I am so sorry you feel like everybody hates you. That is a very horrid way to feel and must make you feel upset. Making yourself sick is really dangerous and I am relieved to hear you have managed not to do it again. It sounds like you feel very sad inside and you are trying to control food as you are not in control of how you feel. I think you could really benefit from therapy as it will help get to the root of your feelings. The first step would be to talk to your GP and say you would like to see a therapist and ask them to refer you to one. If it helps you can always open up on here too.

By the way, your guinea pig is adorable. :)

Brownangel

Brownangel

Hello Brownangel. I am so sorry you feel like everybody hates you. That is a very horrid way to feel and must make you feel upset. Making yourself sick is really dangerous and I am relieved to hear you have managed not to do it again. It sounds like you feel very sad inside and you are trying to control food as you are not in control of how you feel. I think you could really benefit from therapy as it will help get to the root of your feelings. The first step would be to talk to your GP and say you would like to see a therapist and ask them to refer you to one. If it helps you can always open up on here too.

By the way, your guinea pig is adorable. :)
I think you are right. I just cant bring myself to talk to people about how I actually feel. And thank you, her name is expresso she is quite old now! Thank you.

B

bpd2020

It is really hard to talk about how you feel, especially if you are unsure of how you feel yourself. I think a good counsellor will help with that by asking you the right questions. I do understand that a person needs to be ready for that step though.

Brownangel

Brownangel

Thank you for understanding. But I mean in the current climate I didnt think I would be able to get a counsellor.

B

bpd2020

Now therapy is done over the phone. I am having weekly therapy by phone myself. I do not know if that is something you would feel okay with as some people prefer talking face to face.

B

bpd2020

I found this link which explains how you can find a counsellor yourself.

Brownangel

Brownangel

Now therapy is done over the phone. I am having weekly therapy by phone myself. I do not know if that is something you would feel okay with as some people prefer talking face to face.
Oh okay, do I have to call my gp to arrange something like this?

B

bpd2020

You are welcome. I hope you can find a counsellor through that link. Good luck.