• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I dont know were to start

C

Chandelier

I feel like I walk around in a bubble people don't listen to me.when I talk so I just don't bother no more then I'm in the wrong for taking myself away my partner thinks I'm better looking in the dark his words which he's probably right still hurts though I just think whats the point

C

Chandelier

I'm 33 and hate the fact I have soo long left to live I really need it to hurry up and be my time

C

Chandelier

And here i was thinking someone may listen but I guess not i suppose I'm used to that by now 😭🥱

J

Jrchmn

Hi Chandelier,
The seasonal forum isn’t checked by many people and once you posted on the thread it wouldn’t have shown on the list of unanswered threads. Are you seasonal and if so which season is difficult for you and do you feel it’s affecting your relationship? If the seasons aren’t an issue for you posting in the general depression forum may get more responses and they’re likely to be more helpful for you.

C

Chandelier

Thank you i didnt even realise were I posted

J

Jrchmn

You’re welcome. As I’m seasonal I know I’m worse at certain times of year and think about how others treat me accordingly. This winter I felt very ignored which was frustrating as my job included passing on information and giving instructions. I know I can be paranoid in the winter months however I knew it wasn’t just me being paranoid as I’d followed up a lot of the verbal with emails. It’s tough to accept but if you’re suffering from depression you are less engaging to other people. I’ve changed my position at work and it’s no longer such an issue if people ignore me. In terms of relationships with friends and family consider some set ways of interacting. My fall back is to phone say I’m having a rubbish time and don’t want to talk about it, tell me something good that’s happened for you to cheer me up. When you’re depressed you have to accept that you will be more self centred (by that I mean focused on your own thoughts and feelings not selfish). Getting others to talk about themselves means they’ll feel better about your relationship and shifts your focus away from how awful you feel.
In the winter if I have a specific issue like a problem with a partner I write down the things I know to be facts and read through it at a weekend after a good nights sleep etc. Sometimes I’ve realised I’m being unfair to my partner sometimes I’ve had a good reason to be upset and we’ve discussed it etc. Always worth sorting through these things in your mind when you’re in a better place.
hope things improve fir you and you can find a place to start.

P

Purpleplum

If someone says you're better looking in the dark, kick them out.