I dont know if I'm hearing voices or not

R

ravenbirds

My family has a long history of mental health problems on both my father and my mother's side. I think I'm having a breakdown but I don't know if I'm just being dramatic.

I did hear a voice once before. It sounded like it was coming from behind me and shouted my name in my ear. I was 12 and eventually came to believe that I imagined it or that it was God (I grew up in a very religious household). But now (I'm 20) I think I heard it again.

Lately I've been having panic attacks and feeling really depressed. This happened to me before in high school and it passed after a few months and I felt better. I get depressed in winter usually and the previous time it was winter so I just chocked it up the weather. Now though it's summer and I feel terrified all the time.

At work I keep freaking out with no real reason. I have to stop myself from screaming or running away. The other day I was working and I hear something in my head repeating all my thoughts loudly with a really angry tone. It was like mocking me I almost cried. But it was my thoughts I don't know if thats hearing voices or just panicking. It didn't feel like me though.

A few months ago, I was in my college dorm room with my roommate. I became convinced that I saw someone in the corner of the room. I asked her to turn on the light but it wasn't there. IDK I guess I just wrote that off like I had a long day and was over tired but now I sorta feel another person around me all the time? Like behind me right now I feel him behind me but when I turn around he's not there.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Do hallucinations feel like this? Or am I just being dramatic and anxious?

Please help I'm so scared all the time.

Zardos

Zardos

Like behind me right now I feel him behind me but when I turn around he's not there.
Has anyone else had an experience like this? Do hallucinations feel like this? Or am I just being dramatic and anxious?
Many years ago I was on a group where we always used to call that the 'behind me all the time monster'... and chalk it up to paranoia

I get it sometimes to.. The more you mock it the less it will hurt you.

be brave :)

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

I often get the feeling that a man with bulging eyes is behind me. A few times a day I even feel him touch this one spot on my back, so I turn around quickly but he is not there. I also hear him walking around upstairs muttering to himself angrily and I think he has a baseball bat that he annoyingly taps on the floor. I saw this man beat a nurse with his baseball bat when I was in a hospital but I don't remember if I really saw this or imagined it. He can be really frightening.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hi ravenbirds,

You mention seeing someone who wasn't there, and hearing voices in your head. They both sound like hallucinations - visual and auditory - and I don't think it's something to write off - it's not uncommon for people with mental health issues. Given that there's family history of mental illness, I'd go and see a GP for support. Don't worry, you're not alone in this x

Much love <3

C

carol560

Its most likely a ghost that has attached to your energy, Just try to ask it questions if you keep hearing voices (Hobbies, interests, family, friends, favorite activities, etc.) and ask him/her to look up into the light and to not shy away from it that it wants to help. It should go away over time, especially if you keep reminding it the positive things it felt from when he or she was alive, and keep reminding it to look up. In your head or out loud, I recommend in your head though. If you get scared ask for help in your head, (relatives or friends that have passed away, or anyone you know who you like has.) Son of god, if your religious. Hallucinations I believe is just the energy that ghost produces over your eyes that shows physical things out in the room which in reality could just be the passed persons images in they're own mind like you or me. I personally have great results from asking questions to my voice, and things are extremely quiet now. Ask for light to, that really helps.

C

celticlass

Ok

Let's dismiss with all talk of ghosts and departed spirits etc shall we? As this will only make someone with anxiety panic attacks and depression worse. Let's just be calm and realistic about your situation. I imagine you are under a lot of stress/worry in yourlife just now. You tell us you are depressed.Have you identified the symptoms you think you have of it/ Low mood, tearfulness, gloom about your future, not sleeping well. Hearing voices (pyschosis) can be a symptom but is not too common for most folks. I guess you realise you need to get to the GP and talk this all through? Maybe have a think first about what's been going on in your life and how it is affecting you? Let us know how you get on? Make the appointment soon. No need to keep suffering x

W

wellness

At work I keep freaking out with no real reason. I have to stop myself from screaming or running away. The other day I was working and I hear something in my head repeating all my thoughts loudly with a really angry tone. It was like mocking me I almost cried. But it was my thoughts I don't know if thats hearing voices or just panicking. It didn't feel like me though.

Please help I'm so scared all the time.
Hi There -- What you describe here is the TRUE Voices experience . Unfortunate My Friend but sad to say this is the classic behavior or stereotypical behavior of the Voices, clinically also called Auditory Hallucinations or as I further characterize then as real Auditory Hallucinators as it is them doing the hallucinations and NOT us the unfortunate infected beings !! It is indeed most unfortunate they are worse than any deadly cancer while I also believe them to be some form of physical Benign Cancer and Psychologically Malignant Cancer ... there is NO Cure on the horizon for them and we Voice infected miserable souls are a very low priority for the Medical and Pharmaceutical Fraternity to find a proper and accurate Medicinal solution .... the only resort you can take are getting anti-Psychotics drugs but these don't really terminate these bloody Voices only work to alleviate the symptom ....So unless some of the medical fraternity themselves get infected by these Voices they will never appreciate the true misery caused by these Voice infections ..... no that I prey for harm to these not knowing enough about the Voices medical folks !
All the best with dealing with this Curse !
Cheerio !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Hearing Voices Forum 37
R Hearing Voices Forum 7