• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't know if I did something?

L

Lionheart

Founding Member
I had a internet friend who had mental health problems, people wanted me to talk to her because she was shy and had bipolar I think looking back. We had fun talking, and I heard from other friends she thought I was 'very cute and had nice eyes', I thought great because I thought she was stunning herself. She liked metal and was a goth so I thought we would get along. Then after a few day's I got nasty replies to my messages on msn and I was basically told to kill myself by her. I can't think of anything I did to hurt her, I understand she had difficulties but I don't think I can take being rejected like that too much. I thought I had gotten over her but lately I have been thinking about it and wondering if I could change the past what could I have done?
:unsure:

elvis the cat

elvis the cat

hi lionheart i don't think that you could of done anything differently , the only problem is that we can't change the past . if we could half of us probabily wouldn't be on this forum.. if that was the case then i wouldn't have the chance to talk 2 u now .:) :hug:

D

Dollit

You couldn't have done anything to change what is her problem. She probably wasn't the person you thought she was to behave like that. I talk online to a lot of people, I meet up with a few of them in real life and most of them aren't the same characters at all. Not everyone is a sincere as you appear to be.

butterfly

butterfly

I too have friends online whom i have met in real life and nothing is as it seems online. The thing with online is its anonymous and let's face it most of us relish in anonymity as we can say exactly what we want and behave how we like and it doesn't feel as real. I have twice met blokes from online and once i was lucky enough to fall for the guy i got to know from meeting rather than just from online; but the other guy ended up being anything but how he was online and in fact after we met and I thought how totally different he seemed, when we started talking online again he was the same guy i remembered from before we met. We all have stuff in our heads that we feel more confident saying online; but that's also a downfall cos some things u may regret saying and know u wouldn't say to a person in "real life" or you would but would probably think longer and harder about how to say it cos u get to see a person's reaction and facial expression which u would never get online.

Sorry this girl has still got a place in your memories :( and I do hope you can move on from what she said to you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G People 21
_8CHU People 2
Someoldguy People 21