• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don't know how to survive without my parents.

R

rawlinsc

I was worried I could not survive without my grandparents and would end up homeless when they died but here I am now living in supportive housing and doing OK.

S

SweetBipolar

I was worried I could not survive without my grandparents and would end up homeless when they died but here I am now living in supportive housing and doing OK.
I am happy to hear you are doing okay.

C

Chibi

I used to be like that and then was forced out on my own. It's scary and you struggle but you find out you can do it and it gives you confidence that you'd have never had if you had never been out on your own. You will make it.
That's what I'm afraid of. I've been threatened with it more times than I can count. A part of me wants to be thrown out just to get it over with but another part of me knows I probably wouldn't survive on the streets.

P

Purpleplum

That's what I'm afraid of. I've been threatened with it more times than I can count. A part of me wants to be thrown out just to get it over with but another part of me knows I probably wouldn't survive on the streets.
You will survive though. Unfortunately I latched onto guys after that who didn't treat me right but I learned to get away from that too and each thing makes you stronger....and you never knew you could be that strong. And you look back at the person you were before and wonder why you wasted so much time getting here.

V

Vegan_veggie

Thank you all for your replies. I am still having a hard time. Feeling so hopeless about my future. I cannot see myself being successful. I only see myself homeless. It’s really bad.
Although not agrophobic I’m in the same boat with relying on my parents and age 35 feel there is too far to go til old age without them. They are now in their old age and I can’t cope. I keep looking back and remembering how much time I used to bask in as if it would never run out not knowing about death back then as a small one I thought everything would be just great. How wrong I’ve been and it makes me cry. So in short I’m here for you. Sobbing every step of the way. I don’t want to go outside I have mental health problems and can’t face the future. Battling with suicide. Goodluck 💚

V

Vegan_veggie

Thank you all for your replies. I am still having a hard time. Feeling so hopeless about my future. I cannot see myself being successful. I only see myself homeless. It’s really bad.
Yes I see myself going homeless too but it might not be true just hold onto that 💜

S

squizofrenia123

I was homeless for awhile and got out of it with the help of family. Now, I'm working and eking out a living some how. Life is good for now. I feel great!! I am independent and am working as much as I can. Sometimes, life is bad, but for now, I am doing quite well.

S

SweetBipolar

Although not agrophobic I’m in the same boat with relying on my parents and age 35 feel there is too far to go til old age without them. They are now in their old age and I can’t cope. I keep looking back and remembering how much time I used to bask in as if it would never run out not knowing about death back then as a small one I thought everything would be just great. How wrong I’ve been and it makes me cry. So in short I’m here for you. Sobbing every step of the way. I don’t want to go outside I have mental health problems and can’t face the future. Battling with suicide. Goodluck 💚
I am sorry to hear you are not doing well. I hope you are getting help.