• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't know how to put my feelings into words.

P

PurpleDinosaur

Hi,

I have been suffering from anxiety/depression since what feels like the beginning of times. I have finally shared this with my GP last year in April and I have been on a waiting list for free talking therapy ever since. The only reason I have not chased it is that I can't make myself to talk to anyone again. I have stopped drinking since my last bender has ended up with emergency services at my doors because I was suicidal. And I have realized I can't vent my feelings when sober which has somehow led to terrible social anxiety. I can't answer a phone or door and I avoid dealing with strangers at all costs. I have a very understanding and supporting partner who helps wherever he can. It's probably not healthy for me but I take advantage of the fact that he's a social butterfly which means my contact with people is minimal. Yet I can't talk to him about how I feel. When the dark times hit me, I close down, stop talking and either want to run away or sleep.

And I have recently found myself alone. My partner has left abroad for work for 6 months. So I have to start driving again (yet another anxiety trigger I didn't know I had since I used to enjoy driving), deal with strangers and to top it all off, I found I am pregnant. My brain has been 'stuck' for days not knowing what to freak out about first. I just don't know what to do.

A

aisha23

welcome to the forum.

completely unrelated: but are you a fan of barney?

(just your username)

hopefully being here helps

N

Nukelavee

I understand how hard it is to speak, especially about mental health, and anxiety. There's a lot of topics that tend to lock me up totally, too.

But - sometimes, simply managing to say it out loud to somebody helps rob it of it's weight on mind.

I found for some things, writing down what I would like to say, and rewriting it until it makes sense to me, really helps.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Hey everybody! I know this is a "welcome" forum, but I don't know what other catigory to put my mental health concerns in... Introduce Yourself 6
W I don't know what to do with my life (yay!) Introduce Yourself 5
N I don't know Introduce Yourself 4
J I don't know what to do Introduce Yourself 2
D I'm...don't know if my life...i feel as if my life is hanging by a thread. Introduce Yourself 8
M I'm new here.I don't have any mental illness. Introduce Yourself 8
G I don't know what to title my introduction: a title Introduce Yourself 5
Z I don't know what is right for me Introduce Yourself 8
D I really don't know where to start, or what to say, I thought I could just look around and see how it's done, but I'm lost, must be this dull brain Introduce Yourself 5
N I don't know what I really want from my life..... Introduce Yourself 10
W I don't like the world any longer Introduce Yourself 2
J I'm in uncharted water! I Don't know how to help my son. Introduce Yourself 4
H I don't have to listen to me, I'm not my real dad! Introduce Yourself 5
M i don't know what to expect Introduce Yourself 9
E I hate my life and I don't know how to change it. Introduce Yourself 4
O When you don't belong anywhere Introduce Yourself 11
T New diagnosis of BPD ...having a hard time and I'm new here so don't know how to start. Introduce Yourself 8
M Don't know where to start Introduce Yourself 5
P I don't know what to say Introduce Yourself 18
D I don't know what to do anymore Introduce Yourself 7
M Caregiver help question. My daughter is 22 with Schizoaffective. I need help and don't know where to go. Introduce Yourself 6
S I don't think I love anyone Introduce Yourself 16
R I need help and I don't know what I need Introduce Yourself 8
sparrowling I don't remember if I did this... Introduce Yourself 3
Lualeo I don't have a diagnosis Introduce Yourself 16
S Don't know how to be happy anymore Introduce Yourself 11
Z not feeling great, don't know why, lets see if this place can help Introduce Yourself 6
I I don't really know who I am Introduce Yourself 4
I Don't feel like talkin Introduce Yourself 6
B I don't even know what the heck is going on anymore Introduce Yourself 3
B Hi there... I don't know what my "diagnosis" is... Introduce Yourself 7
Q I don't know who I am anymore Introduce Yourself 11
N Hi everyone, I don't know what's wrong with me Introduce Yourself 5
J Doctors don't no nothing about mentel illness Introduce Yourself 4
Chrysalis 2020 Looking for friends, who don't judge! Introduce Yourself 15
H Feeling very low at the moment. Don't know how to get out of this despair Introduce Yourself 4
H I don't know why I keep reaching out...but I do. Introduce Yourself 2
M New Member, I don't know where to turn Introduce Yourself 5
qwynie Rose Don't know where to post this.. sorry! Introduce Yourself 12
D Chased my wife away with my depression. Persistent thought - accompanied by self-sabotage - says, "You don't deserve happiness." Introduce Yourself 9
B I don't know if i belong on this forum Introduce Yourself 6
A I don't know how to help my partner Introduce Yourself 5
BPsmith Don't know where to start lol but i will start by saying hi, and Thankyou for this opportunity to off load this b.s.The battlefield in the mind is.... Introduce Yourself 4
D don't mind me Introduce Yourself 134
UnderstandingCherry Tell me where I'm going wrong, because I don't know anymore Introduce Yourself 15
J I don't know what to do Introduce Yourself 2
Benno_W I don't really know where to begin. Introduce Yourself 2
S I realised I don't remember anything... Introduce Yourself 1
Melomaniac New to this, don't know where to begin. Introduce Yourself 3
U I don't know why I'm so nervous but- Introduce Yourself 3