• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't know how to get my friend to stop saying they love me.

• Thread starter dabearwiffdasammich
  • Start date
dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

I know he means it as friends, and I do say it back sometimes, but he says it to me every fuckin time we talk and I don't know how to ask him to stop. Like he's one of my best friends but good christ please stop. It's excessive and while I can express how much he means to me too, I am not a touchy feely person who talks about feelings all the time, and I'm not really intimate with...... anyone. I don't like intimacy. I've basically started not saying it back at all but he will still say it.

D

Deleted member 91323

Could you send him a message saying ' I really appreciate you love me but please do not say it to me any more as it triggers me for personal reasons'?

dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

Could you send him a message saying ' I really appreciate you love me but please do not say it to me any more as it triggers me for personal reasons'?
yeah i could say that, but i am definitely nervous about asking him not to say it anymore because i dont want to hurt him

D

Deleted member 91323

I can understand you do not want to hurt him. You could add that too. Say you do not mean to hurt him. I feel you really need to say something because it is upsetting you.

dabearwiffdasammich

dabearwiffdasammich

I can understand you do not want to hurt him. You could add that too. Say you do not mean to hurt him. I feel you really need to say something because it is upsetting you.
yeah i think you're right. ill try to just be kind about it. thank you

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
MrBond007 Started to worry about my friend again and I don't know what to do. Anxiety Forum 4
E Don't remember the last time I slept properly Anxiety Forum 20
E I don't know how to call this Anxiety Forum 9
C I don't know what to call this Anxiety Forum 20
G Don't know what should I do Anxiety Forum 4
P I don't know what to do anymore Anxiety Forum 17
N Fitting in when you don't drink Anxiety Forum 14
bluestar ocean I fixated for days and weeks about a social situation. It seemed over-the-top thinking about it. But I don't know if I have a problem? Anxiety Forum 7
S I don't know what's exactly wrong with me, I have so many questions. Anxiety Forum 7
C 21 years old and don't know how to drive. Anxiety Forum 21
D I don't know if I can handle Thanksgiving Anxiety Forum 5
Pambi I don't know what is happening. Anxiety Forum 4
dajanaDacky97 First job, and I already don't like it Anxiety Forum 8
S Loss of a friend now this.. Anxiety Forum 3
V So ashamed to have stopped supporting my friend Anxiety Forum 1
J anxiety over telling a nice friend my unreasonable view Anxiety Forum 3
N Good friend or bad? or its just me Anxiety Forum 2
M Lost my best friend Anxiety Forum 3
N My EU National oriignally, strong mutual admirer/potential gent friend Anxiety Forum 2
KatieKat128 I feel so sad whenever my boy friend leaves. Anxiety Forum 11
MrBond007 I have been worrying that my friend no longer likes me anymore. Anxiety Forum 3
P Issue with my friend and living together Anxiety Forum 1
babysharkdududu This seems dumb enough but my friend suggested this Anxiety Forum 4
G No longer important for my best friend Anxiety Forum 2
S #TBT to Anxiety Success! Stepping way out of my comfort zone and posed topless in front of a close friend for his photography exhibition (NSFW) Anxiety Forum 1
J What's going to work to stop alcohol and this awful life Anxiety Forum 12
A Im so anxious and drained all the time from this new non stop anxiety, I just want a hug. Anxiety Forum 10
S Does it ever stop? Anxiety Forum 16
Carol1952 More anxieties due to more storms .When will the fear stop? Anxiety Forum 33
R I have a high risk HPV and I think it will persist and turn into cervical cancer! I can’t stop obsessing I’m gonna panic! Anxiety Forum 5
M Can't stop worrying, it's ruining my life (new lump) Anxiety Forum 5
S Issue at work can't stop worrying Anxiety Forum 1