• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't know anymore

babysharkdududu

babysharkdududu

I've been feeling like shit for the past month, maybe few months I can't keep track of myself, everything just feels so overwhelming I can't take care of myself, I have so much school assingments missing because I just can't seem to get my shit together and it's only making me feel worse, I want to do them but I still procrastinate which just piles up everything and I don't know what to do anymore. And I'm scared I might have ADHD but I can't get diagnosed because I can't tell my parents nor do I have enough money. I'm scared I'm gonna fail school because of this. I'm embarrassed to post this but I really need to let this out.

sam999

sam999

you dont have to be embarrassed this is a safe space for everyone. and because of your potential adhd, maybe your School has a therapist you could talk to for free! or you could try to look up Methods on YouTube that could help you deal with it until youll be able to get professional help

babysharkdududu

babysharkdududu

you dont have to be embarrassed this is a safe space for everyone. and because of your potential adhd, maybe your School has a therapist you could talk to for free! or you could try to look up Methods on YouTube that could help you deal with it until youll be able to get professional help
Unfortunately in my country they don't really talk about mental health much at all so finding free therapist is pretty hard. It's almost to the point of mental health isn't taken as seriously. But will try the YouTube method. Thank you

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hi @babysharkdududu.

Don't feel embarrassed to post. Lots of people post in these forums for many different reasons. I don't understand why you would have to tell your parents about your possibly having ADHD. Also, why are you so scared to tell your parents? Hopefully, they will support you in getting diagnosed. Also, the mental health professional you would see for a diagnosis might accept payment on a sliding scale. And why are you scared that you might fail school?

babysharkdududu

babysharkdududu

Hi @babysharkdududu.

Don't feel embarrassed to post. Lots of people post in these forums for many different reasons. I don't understand why you would have to tell your parents about your possibly having ADHD. Also, why are you so scared to tell your parents? Hopefully, they will support you in getting diagnosed. Also, the mental health professional you would see for a diagnosis might accept payment on a sliding scale. And why are you scared that you might fail school?
For the question about parents, it's because they're religious, their believe is that if someone is depressed it's because they don't pray enough and stuff, I don't want to tell them I'm depressed just for them to blame it on me, so I'm trying to avoid from having to deal with that. I have once told my mom that I think I might have ADHD but all she responded with is that I don't think about it and pray it away, 3 years later I'm still speculating about ADHD, so thanks mom. Anyways, about school, it's because I've been feeling so depressed lately that I literally won't do anything except eat and look at my phone, I'm scared my grades are gonna fall and I'm gonna fail, but I'm still not doing anything to fix it, makes me more frustrated at myself. And unfortunately all my income is from my parents, here we don't have part time jobs for teens so I can't get a job either.