• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't have anyone. I hate being alive i truly hate it

N

Nancourt

it doesnt matter if no one answers this it's fine. I am completely alone in this world now. I graduated last year and thought maybe things would be different now. started a masters course in geriatric dentistry - dentistry for the elderly, and was excited to help people. went on tinder, got 20 likes and 10 matches, matched with a girl we started dating, she was very ambitious and business minded, me not so business minded i guess she didnt like that that much, wed meet once a week then it had to be less because she worked a lot, then we broke up and i of course missed her and regretted it, and i would have accepted any time with her at all, but that didnt happen, she was glad to be rid of me, then i quit the masters course, my uncle killed himself on the day i left the course, three days before my birthday, then i turned 26 and now i went on tinder again, no matches just one like by a gay guy. thats what my life is now. Im alone, except when a friend needs something from me for the dentistry course to explain to them something or teach them something, thats pretty much it. nothing else. so yeah i hate my life i hate being here, i cant wait .....

H

hairybanana

it doesnt matter if no one answers this it's fine. I am completely alone in this world now. I graduated last year and thought maybe things would be different now. started a masters course in geriatric dentistry - dentistry for the elderly, and was excited to help people. went on tinder, got 20 likes and 10 matches, matched with a girl we started dating, she was very ambitious and business minded, me not so business minded i guess she didnt like that that much, wed meet once a week then it had to be less because she worked a lot, then we broke up and i of course missed her and regretted it, and i would have accepted any time with her at all, but that didnt happen, she was glad to be rid of me, then i quit the masters course, my uncle killed himself on the day i left the course, three days before my birthday, then i turned 26 and now i went on tinder again, no matches just one like by a gay guy. thats what my life is now. Im alone, except when a friend needs something from me for the dentistry course to explain to them something or teach them something, thats pretty much it. nothing else. so yeah i hate my life i hate being here, i cant wait .....
I have no words ... Sitting here with you

Bod

Bod

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

SoftRain

SoftRain

You mentioned friends......do you spend anytime with them?

Bod

Bod

I am so sorry about your uncle and the grief and pain you must be going through from that, you are still so young in life and have many years a head of you and you have reached out here so please be proud of that, maybe try and talk to your doctor about how you are feeling as they might be able to help you.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Can you restart that masters?

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

you have been through so much ,my heart goes out to you
i hope you DO NOT die
you are obviously a very clever person and there is loads of potential for your future
please keep posting ,i promise i care x

N

Nancourt

Can you restart that masters?
No. im not doing that masters anymore. and im never going back to university. no way in hell am i going back there.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
No. im not doing that masters anymore. and im never going back to university. no way in hell am i going back there.
Could you start with making a friend? The age or gender doesn't matter, just another person who is lonely and would like a friend to go for dinner with or run with?

Could you invite your colleagues out for a day of hiking or get everyone to bring a dish and you all have a picnic? People like food! One person brings the beer, another brings pasta salad etc

N

Nancourt

I am so sorry about your uncle and the grief and pain you must be going through from that, you are still so young in life and have many years a head of you and you have reached out here so please be proud of that, maybe try and talk to your doctor about how you are feeling as they might be able to help you.
MY doctors never helped me except fill me up with useless meds that didn't do anything for me. the doctors are useless and they don't care, as long as you don't physically hurt yourself they don't care, they either wanna give you meds or lock you up in a hospital. they tried several times and failed and I told them that the only way theyd get me into a hospital is in a body bag

N

Nancourt

You mentioned friends......do you spend anytime with them?
sometimes, I have a gay one who messages when he needs me to look at his car or fix something around his house I always feel empty afterwards. It never makes me feel good being around him, sometimes we go to a restuarant and everyone thinks we are a couple, I don't like it to be honest. so we don't hang out that much. MY other firends only want to hang out with me to ask me for help with the dentistry course, that's it.

Bod

Bod

I'm sorry your doctor is not good enough with what you say, are all the doctors like that or could you maybe change to another one.

SoftRain

SoftRain

Maybe you could ask them to meet you at a restaurant, do you ever invite them places?

F

Fancyharm

I know how you feel. I get used by people, not saying that's what you meant in your post. But I get used.

It is lonely, I don't like it. I don't mind and get pleasure from sharing anything I've learned, but people are just takers.

N

Nancourt

I'm sorry your doctor is not good enough with what you say, are all the doctors like that or could you maybe change to another one.
They're all like that. all of them. they're quite abysmal. and frankly rude and suffer from a superiority complex and all of them threaten a mental hospital. so yeah I have zero respect for them or their "profession" more like "professional charlatans"