• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don't feel well

P

Princess Zelda

I just don't feel good at all. Insomnia, depressing thoughts. I just feel like it doesn't matter what I do, I can't move forward in life. I can't sleep, but I feel like staying in bed forever.

P

Princess Zelda

Why dont you try some exercise and nice relaxing bath
I might try that. I don't exercise, but I really should start since I'm trying to lose weight. Plus I have to change my diet to something healthy. Thank you!

I

INFP_DoubleDepression

I just don't feel good at all. Insomnia, depressing thoughts. I just feel like it doesn't matter what I do, I can't move forward in life. I can't sleep, but I feel like staying in bed forever.
Sorry you are experiencing this Zelda, so hard to function without decent sleep. For about the last 2 years (same duration as ongoing bout of depression, now layered with acute) I wake up 3 to 5 times a night, completely wake up and often cant get back to sleep for 30 minutes or more. So if the mental exhaustion of the depression doesn't make it hard enough, never getting good sleep surely does.

Chase1

Chase1

Sorry you're not feeling well Princess Zelda. Today is very rough for me too, lots of thoughts that I just can't shake. I didn't get much sleep either.

Sleep guided meditation has helped me relax sometimes. What I've also found useful is trying to daydream about simple peaceful surroundings to help push out the unwanted thoughts as I'm falling asleep. I try to keep it basic so it's not keeping me up. Kinda like I'm painting a very simple environment in my mind where I'd like to be. If I'm too restless, I'll just walk around or listen to music for a little bit and try again.

Hope you feel better very soon.

H

Headingtothelight

stick on a guided meditation on youtube you’d be surprised at how good it is i personally like Michael Sealey or Jason Stevenson hahah i hope you feel better soon! i used to have insomnia but it was bcoz i was addicted to speed 😂 try spraying your pillow with lavender spray

M

Marianda

You are not going to feel better until you are able to sleep. Not sleeping is terrible. When I dont sleep well Im a total wreck. My anxiety and depression go the roof. How about talking to the doctor about this. Maybe you need some meds.

P

Princess Zelda

Sorry you are experiencing this Zelda, so hard to function without decent sleep. For about the last 2 years (same duration as ongoing bout of depression, now layered with acute) I wake up 3 to 5 times a night, completely wake up and often cant get back to sleep for 30 minutes or more. So if the mental exhaustion of the depression doesn't make it hard enough, never getting good sleep surely does.
Thank you, and I'm so sorry you're dealing with that. I wish I had some advice to give you. I hope you'll be able to sleep well again soon. I've been on different medications, and I just stopped taking seroquel because of side effects. I guess that's what's causing all my insomnia right now, but I've also had trouble sleeping for years.

P

Princess Zelda

Sorry you're not feeling well Princess Zelda. Today is very rough for me too, lots of thoughts that I just can't shake. I didn't get much sleep either.

Sleep guided meditation has helped me relax sometimes. What I've also found useful is trying to daydream about simple peaceful surroundings to help push out the unwanted thoughts as I'm falling asleep. I try to keep it basic so it's not keeping me up. Kinda like I'm painting a very simple environment in my mind where I'd like to be. If I'm too restless, I'll just walk around or listen to music for a little bit and try again.

Hope you feel better very soon.
Thank you. I'm sorry you're also going through a hard time. I'll try that out. I think I tried something similar once but I didn't really fall asleep. I did feel calm though. I usually listen to music too. It helps me think of something positive before trying to sleep.

Thank you! Hope you feel better soon, too!

P

Princess Zelda

stick on a guided meditation on youtube you’d be surprised at how good it is i personally like Michael Sealey or Jason Stevenson hahah i hope you feel better soon! i used to have insomnia but it was bcoz i was addicted to speed 😂 try spraying your pillow with lavender spray
I'll check that out, thank you! I tried lavender before, and I might try it again. Sounds like a good idea. Hope you're doing well.

P

Princess Zelda

You are not going to feel better until you are able to sleep. Not sleeping is terrible. When I dont sleep well Im a total wreck. My anxiety and depression go the roof. How about talking to the doctor about this. Maybe you need some meds.
Yeah it's usually like this for me for one day, and then the next I can sleep. But I remember, I used to stay up for two or three days because I couldn't sleep at all. It was awful. I'm on zopiclon right now. I also took seroquel with it, but stopped because of side effects. I might talk to my doctor about this soon. Thank you! Hope you're doing well.

M

Marianda

Yeah it's usually like this for me for one day, and then the next I can sleep. But I remember, I used to stay up for two or three days because I couldn't sleep at all. It was awful. I'm on zopiclon right now. I also took seroquel with it, but stopped because of side effects. I might talk to my doctor about this soon. Thank you! Hope you're doing well.
Yes usually when you dont sleep well one day you will sleep the next day because you are tired. I also have been on seroquel but stopped it because I realized it was creatig me an addiction. Im taking benzodiazepins to sleep right now.

Antimatter

Antimatter

Bless Zelda, I really feel for you x pm anytime Princess x