• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I don't feel so alone when i'm on here...

DMARXX

DMARXX

Hello guys. I'm new here and I joined yesterday because I was recently diagnosed with anxiety and its hard to control sometimes. I feel like the oddball of my family. Everyone seems to have hold of their life and I'm just here drifting if that makes sense. I'm writing this because I've realized when I'm on here I don't feel so dysfunctional:) you guys make me feel normal and I feel like I can be myself. I am writing this because I feel very appreciative of this forum and you guys. If you guys need anyone to talk to I'm here. Seriously. I know anxiety can ruin lives and I don't want anyone who is experiencing what I'm going through to go through it alone. It's better with someone listening to your battle and caring about you even if we don't know each other. I think sticking together is the best way we can get thru this.

Faith198

Faith198

This was a very sweet thing to say and I appreciate this and I’m sure everyone else does too. Welcome to the forum, I’m glad you don’t feel so alone. This forum has helped me a lot and I’ve only been here for a few months. I too struggle with anxiety. I always find comfort in knowing I’m not alone too

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Hello guys. I'm new here and I joined yesterday because I was recently diagnosed with anxiety and its hard to control sometimes. I feel like the oddball of my family. Everyone seems to have hold of their life and I'm just here drifting if that makes sense. I'm writing this because I've realized when I'm on here I don't feel so dysfunctional:) you guys make me feel normal and I feel like I can be myself. I am writing this because I feel very appreciative of this forum and you guys. If you guys need anyone to talk to I'm here. Seriously. I know anxiety can ruin lives and I don't want anyone who is experiencing what I'm going through to go through it alone. It's better with someone listening to your battle and caring about you even if we don't know each other. I think sticking together is the best way we can get thru this.
The loneliest place in the world is not the four walls of your home but the four walls of your mind.

This forum allows all of us to let other people into our heads to keep us company...help us make sense of it all. It's like getting to know people in reverse. In our real lives, nobody truly knows how we feel - only what we present and allow them to see. On this forum, you can be 100% your authentic self and nobody can match the real you to an external appearance or identity. It is an incredible freedom and lots of us have built very valuable friendships and support networks here.

I'm so glad you joined us. We have no "oddballs" in this family - we're all wonderfully odd in our own ways and we love each other for it. x

DMARXX

DMARXX

The loneliest place in the world is not the four walls of your home but the four walls of your mind.

This forum allows all of us to let other people into our heads to keep us company...help us make sense of it all. It's like getting to know people in reverse. In our real lives, nobody truly knows how we feel - only what we present and allow them to see. On this forum, you can be 100% your authentic self and nobody can match the real you to an external appearance or identity. It is an incredible freedom and lots of us have built very valuable friendships and support networks here.

I'm so glad you joined us. We have no "oddballs" in this family - we're all wonderfully odd in our own ways and we love each other for it. x
I'm blessed I found this forum. It shows I'm not alone and that's comforting:)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’m glad you’ve found this place. We may be a collection of different people with very differing experiences, some very minor some in recovery and some quite poorly, but at least we understand when your not feeling quite right
You dont always have to post or reply to posts on MH issues we also have quite an active chill out section where anything non MH things are posted and some games are on there so is good for meeting a variety of members. There also a journal section , a bit like a diary wher you can post your thoughts or what you’ve been up to
Happy postingx

D

Dispatch

hi welcome to the forum ... anticipatory anxiety here ... i am able to work full time but, it’s definitely not a glamorous job ... delivery driver for a machine shop. I like it because my interactions with other people are kept at a bare minimum ... otherwise I’d be sitting at home trying to figure out how to fix myself lol . Anyways, I’ve been dealing with this for a long time and one thing I’ve definitely found out about myself is ... every day is basically a surprise to me ... I never know what kind of personality I’m going to wake up with ... I find working helps me be productive at least and gives me plenty of time to think things through if I need to.
( sorry for writing so much ... I was on a roll there ... 🙂 ) ... oh ... one more thing, I’m 65 ... and I’ve concluded, most everyone that I meet seems to have some sort of thing that bothers them so the people that I would look at and say “I wish I could be like them ...” sometimes turns out that they’re struggling with their own issues ... nobody’s perfect ... knowing that helps me quite a lot ... yikes I wrote a lot sorry 😐

DMARXX

DMARXX

hi welcome to the forum ... anticipatory anxiety here ... i am able to work full time but, it’s definitely not a glamorous job ... delivery driver for a machine shop. I like it because my interactions with other people are kept at a bare minimum ... otherwise I’d be sitting at home trying to figure out how to fix myself lol . Anyways, I’ve been dealing with this for a long time and one thing I’ve definitely found out about myself is ... every day is basically a surprise to me ... I never know what kind of personality I’m going to wake up with ... I find working helps me be productive at least and gives me plenty of time to think things through if I need to.
( sorry for writing so much ... I was on a roll there ... 🙂 ) ... oh ... one more thing, I’m 65 ... and I’ve concluded, most everyone that I meet seems to have some sort of thing that bothers them so the people that I would look at and say “I wish I could be like them ...” sometimes turns out that they’re struggling with their own issues ... nobody’s perfect ... knowing that helps me quite a lot ... yikes I wrote a lot sorry 😐
No, don't be sorry! I'm here to listen:) Same here i feel like every day is different and I will react differently. Whenever I have bad anxiety I am always doing something. I can't ever stay still. I have to be doing something all day. It will just hit if i stay still. I also sigh...a lot. It makes me feel better but then it all comes rushing back. I think i mostly ahve sleep anxiety where it mostly hits. I dont know how to cope especially because its all so new...

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Im better today thank you for asking:) I started my new job and im just a little tired. Came back home and I feel like i cant stay still but im okay:)
Wow, first day at work! Good for you!

Did it all go well?

C

Carol1952

Hi well you know that you can always talk to me.I know this place is like family to me so welcome to the family. :hug1:

D

Dispatch

aaahhh ... first day of ANYTHING ... 😳the worst ... but things usually quickly settle down into routine I’ve found