• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't feel right, breath holding and panicy

bubbling under

bubbling under

I don't know what's wrong with me, I've felt a bit on edge on/off today. But right now I have noticed I'm holding my breath again, but I don't realise until I breath out. My shoulders feel tight, and my heads splitting. Desperately trying not to cry, but if anyone can talk me through a relaxation exercise I'd really appreciate it:(

bubbling under

bubbling under

i just called my sister i'm intears now she thinks i need to go to hospital she's caling someone then calling me back

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I'm really bad with the holding my breath too. I actually do it to start with thinking that if I try hard enough I'll just stop breathing but it doesn't work this way!!! I always have really bad physical symptoms of stress like migraines, irritable bowel syndrome and terrible pain in my bak and shoulders. Personally I've not found anything except diazepam to take this away but I am very wary of taking this for any length of time because its very addictive (apparently).

bubbling under

bubbling under

I'm just back from the OOH, and what a difference a kind dr and an hour makes. She listened to what I had to say, then gave me a box of Buccastem for the sickness I get, a new box of diazepam and made me take one there and then, and a box of co-codamol, which I also took whilst I was there. My breathings back to normal, my head is pounding anymore. What was odd was I didn't have to pay for any of the meds she gave me?

I can't believe in an hr and half I've gone from a blubbing wreck <sorry jo> to feeling kind of ok and able to sleep:confused: