• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I don't feel love anymore.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Even if I am chatting to a chick - I just feel nothing - empty.

My sex drive is also very low.

Why do I feel nothing?

Rex Smith

Rex Smith

For me it's Thursday. For others maybe it's the medications or severe depression causing the change.

Low production of testosterone would cause low sex drive. When chatting with women you're not going to fall in love at first sight.
That's an infatuation and not love for the gender you're attracted to. Lack of sex drive will make chatting with a woman non-productive and boring. That's a MD doctor medical condition and not in psychiatrist field of scope. Testosterone patches are prescribed by you general practitioner MD, if that's the case.

Those are my guesses.

Z

Zoe1

I think you said you had CBT

in my experience that doesnt bring out and heal your emotions
it only changes your behaviour

you need person centred Rogerian therapy for that

on that journey there is just up or down

B

Blackrose09

When I posted the threads after threads about this no one helped me. No one told me what helped them
Well thank you now..........

Z

Zoe1

I didnt see those threads Blackrose
its nothing personal, its a forum with hundreds of members

hugs

JessisMe

JessisMe

Maybe you should try and chat up more interesting chicks.

Prince of Cinders

Prince of Cinders

I didn't see them either Rose, my apologies.

Honestly, i don't know what would help in these cases. I'd be out of my depth, and doing no favors, by trying to speculate. :(

N

Nukelavee

When I posted the threads after threads about this no one helped me. No one told me what helped them
Well thank you now..........
I'm seeing some sympathy/empathy here, and a bit of "maybe this is the issue", not much concrete info. No need to feel slighted.

Personally, I avoid this topics for the most part, because other than the usual "you're a good person, love comes when you least expect it, don't let it bother you" cliches, there isn't much else to really say. And I really try to avoid empty platitudes about this sort of stuff. Like, in a discussion about why online dating isn't working for somebody, I have no experience doing it, and nothing to say to help with it.

I haven't had a date or sex in, ummm, 15 years? 17? What bothers me about it is my lack of concern about it. I mean, as a single male in my prime (such as it is, lol), shouldn't teh idea of a partner or at least sex be a major concern for me? I'm not disturbed by my being alone and celibate, I'm disturbed by my lack of concern.

At the same time, I understand some of the factors. My meds have a negative effect on libido. I had surgery for a torsion as a teen, which left me with reduced sensation and can make sex painful. I was abused as a child, and have had abusive partners, and so - intimacy makes me dissociate....

honestly, there are people with more and worse sexual issues out there, so, meh.

there's nothing wrong with spending time with somebody you find attractive, and not wanting to have sex with them, or even reacting to them sexually.

As Rex said, depression (and anxiety) can totally shut down your libido.

B

Blackrose09

I didn't see them either Rose, my apologies.

Honestly, i don't know what would help in these cases. I'd be out of my depth, and doing no favors, by trying to speculate. :(
Sorry i had a moment of loosing my temper. I didnt mean it.

B

Blackrose09

I'm seeing some sympathy/empathy here, and a bit of "maybe this is the issue", not much concrete info. No need to feel slighted.

Personally, I avoid this topics for the most part, because other than the usual "you're a good person, love comes when you least expect it, don't let it bother you" cliches, there isn't much else to really say. And I really try to avoid empty platitudes about this sort of stuff. Like, in a discussion about why online dating isn't working for somebody, I have no experience doing it, and nothing to say to help with it.

I haven't had a date or sex in, ummm, 15 years? 17? What bothers me about it is my lack of concern about it. I mean, as a single male in my prime (such as it is, lol), shouldn't teh idea of a partner or at least sex be a major concern for me? I'm not disturbed by my being alone and celibate, I'm disturbed by my lack of concern.

At the same time, I understand some of the factors. My meds have a negative effect on libido. I had surgery for a torsion as a teen, which left me with reduced sensation and can make sex painful. I was abused as a child, and have had abusive partners, and so - intimacy makes me dissociate....

honestly, there are people with more and worse sexual issues out there, so, meh.

there's nothing wrong with spending time with somebody you find attractive, and not wanting to have sex with them, or even reacting to them sexually.

As Rex said, depression (and anxiety) can totally shut down your libido.
I'm not feeling slighted. In fact I think people are to nice to help me when they do it because i have nothing to offer back.

I think is apathy and yes can be caused by depression but not only. I had it, only felt a painful nothingness.

I'm sorry you were abused.

Your lack of concern comes from being used to be single for a long time. And from medication, especially antidepressants. My opinion. I myght be wrong.

N

Nukelavee

I'm not feeling slighted. In fact I think people are to nice to help me when they do it because i have nothing to offer back.
My mistake.

I can't speak for anyone else here, but being able to sometimes help somebody here, having them tell me I was a help, is payback enough.

I think you have a lot to offer, it's just a question of you recognizing it. Honestly, even acknowledging somebody's post, letting them know somebody cared enough to read it, is a big help to the person.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am fat and ugly. I look like the dog's dinner. I would be lucky for a homeless person to take a shine to me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Schizophrenia Forum 36
B Schizophrenia Forum 9
THE MANDALORIAN Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Schizophrenia Forum 1
K Schizophrenia Forum 15