• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't feel like I'm making any meaningful progress

D

depressed_person18

There are many things I need to do to feel like I'm making progress, but because of the severe physical symptoms of anxiety that I experience, I essentially put them off forever. Certain things I need to do but have been putting off for over 6 months include calling my GP, getting my car serviced, going to my bank branch to show ID so I can open a new account and getting a photo taken for my passport. If I could do these things I would feel like I have made progress. But it's difficult when the days just go by so quickly and these unfinished tasks are still in the back of my mind. Also I still can't get over the fact that I haven't had meaningful contact with my friends for nearly 2 years and I've been out of education ever since I left school in 2020. I should be in university right now, studying for my degree, but instead I'm just alone in my room all day thinking about what could have been if it were not for my anxiety... what am I supposed to do?

jajingna

jajingna

Do you take any medication?