• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I Don't Even Know

JustinS1998

JustinS1998

I don't even know why I keep posting on this forum because it never helps me, but I just have nowhere else to turn.

I've realized that in order for something good to exist, there needs to be something bad in that same category.

This leads to the statement that, since some people have good lives, some people will inevitably just have bad lives, and I am fully convinced that I am one of these people.

I just don't know what to do with this information. I have already given up hope on most facets of life, and yet I still seem to be giving up more and more every day. Everyone always tells me useful, helpful information on how to get better, but at this point I don't even have the motivation to even want to "get better" (whatever that even means). I have just given up on trying at this point.

I am not exactly sure what the point of this post is, however being a loner, this is the only place I can think of to turn to. Any response is appreciated, and thanks for anyone who took the time out of their day to read this.

jajingna

jajingna

I've just been posting here for something to do. Not expecting it to help. I mean you can read all about whatever you want to, all over the Internet. I guess here you can make pals though, and that can help make your day a little better. Or simply to know you're not the only one struggling. Though a lot of posts are depressing as hell, I understand life can reflect what people write, having seen some rough days myself.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im sorry you don't find it helpful posting
i hope you try to continue to though ,you may find it helps eventually
for now lots of love and hugs from me x i hope you feel better soon ,Lu x

A

Am33

What you described is duality.....us vs them , black and white , on or off , true or false thinking which is the cause of everyone's suffering . Duality is thinking we are all separated from each other which causes us to think we are alone when in reality we are all in the same boat .

JustinS1998

JustinS1998

What you described is duality.....us vs them , black and white , on or off , true or false thinking which is the cause of everyone's suffering . Duality is thinking we are all separated from each other which causes us to think we are alone when in reality we are all in the same boat .
Yeah I get the sentiment you're going for, but its not quite like that, at least in my life.

S

sallimae76

I don't even know why I keep posting on this forum because it never helps me, but I just have nowhere else to turn.

I've realized that in order for something good to exist, there needs to be something bad in that same category.

This leads to the statement that, since some people have good lives, some people will inevitably just have bad lives, and I am fully convinced that I am one of these people.

I just don't know what to do with this information. I have already given up hope on most facets of life, and yet I still seem to be giving up more and more every day. Everyone always tells me useful, helpful information on how to get better, but at this point I don't even have the motivation to even want to "get better" (whatever that even means). I have just given up on trying at this point.

I am not exactly sure what the point of this post is, however being a loner, this is the only place I can think of to turn to. Any response is appreciated, and thanks for anyone who took the time out of their day to read this.
I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I am alone too. I am a loner. Life hurts this way. I see happy families, and I get so sad for myself, that I don't have that.

Z

Zoe1

I get days like that , I feel a bit like that right now actually !
I just allow myself to feel like that
when I was in hospital I re-discovered the tv
which at that point had more than 4 channels

I'm trying to learn to put up with myself !

JustinS1998

JustinS1998

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I am alone too. I am a loner. Life hurts this way. I see happy families, and I get so sad for myself, that I don't have that.
Yeah I feel this hard. I just get jealous of everyone about basically everything for no reason.

JustinS1998

JustinS1998

I get days like that , I feel a bit like that right now actually !
I just allow myself to feel like that
when I was in hospital I re-discovered the tv
which at that point had more than 4 channels

I'm trying to learn to put up with myself !
I am trying to learn that too. Even though it is difficult and seems impossible at times, I hope that I can some day learn it.

ht46

ht46

I know what you mean sometimes I get really low, without context these observations you're making can be really negative and make things worse which is why I read philosophy etc a lot of it can be hard truths and not necessarily perk you up but it will give insight and context. I went to therapy for depressive thoughts which really can help it might be for you, for me I prefer reading about these experiences and gaining insight.

S

sallimae76

Zoe,

I'm trying to learn this too! Putting up with myself. I just wish I had a sane but lazy like me partner that just wanted to watch TV with me, and go out to dinner.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I think I was depressed for maybe 8 or 10 years. I'll share a bit of what changed things hoping it may benefit you. First I'll say that sometimes the person that can help you best is yourself in this world. Depending on others too much will disappoint. I'm not saying go to extremes and try to be fully independent. You will have to consult others and family is important. But just as an example to illustrate what I mean, when I work in the big city I see people begging on the streets for money and I feel sorry for them because other people may or may not help them. I remember this one guy begging and the next day he was in the same spot but this time reading a book. That day it gave a totally different impression. It gave me the impression that we human beings can be defeated on the outside but we have the power to make decisions and change things. No one can defeat our hearts unless we let them. I even once saw a caged bird chirping with happiness.

Life is a gift and emotions become positive when you start taking steps even if they are small to a more positive life. When I am isolated, my thoughts are paralyzing. When I'm social and active with my mind busy, the world is brighter and everything seems in order. The same negative thoughts of yesterday are either converted to positive ones or just don't exist.

I started to read about mental health and I've learnt more on my own than what others close to me told me. Because no one will love you more than yourself. You have to love yourself. It may feel bitter at the start but your mood will lift. I remember someone close to me was in an unhealthy routine being at home all day and then one day just decided to come for a walk in the sunlight, his thought process was completely different that day. It's happened more than once with different people I know who are stuck in unhealthy routines. Healthy changes will produce a positive thought process which in turn will feed healthy emotions. Once you nourish yourself with positive emotions then everything changes. We are incredibly strong and also incredibly weak when it comes to our emotions. They can make or break a person. So do the actions that will encourage positive emotions.

When you make positive actions, you will see obstacles as stepping stones.

Do you work at the moment? getting into a routine of work has a lot of benefits on so many levels. Mental health improves, your brain gets a workout basically. When I stay at home all day I get sick and I dwell into too much negativity and I just get paralyzed.

Motivation comes with movement. Move towards positive things and the energy and positive moods will come naturally with time. It might feel like garbage at the start but that's normal. Do you go for long walks? Long walks can clear out so much of the cobwebs and help see things in a positive light.