• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I don't even know where to vent anymore

J

Jayjangle

So those of us with personality disorders have a bit of a harder wrap than those without, especially those with other mental disorders. Counselors will always look at us very differently, and we might always be seen as 'challenging' because we don't buy everything we are told. There are therapy approaches for us but they require a lot of self-awareness.

But, I'm very confused at this point about what to believe and what I am. I am always told to work on my confidence, but when I try, it goes to the extreme and I'm called arrogant. I am instructed to think and do for myself, but when I do just that, I"m called selfish. Finally, I'm told to pursue happiness, and I try, then am criticized for how I choose to do it. I don't know what to do when there's six different 'me's' telling me what to do and everyone else telling me what to do.

I'm honestly about to say 'screw counseling', 'screw my family', whatever, and move away somewhere far and figure out my own way to do things. I'm sick of feeling like my mind is a curse and a cancer of sorts. I'm also sick of being confused about the issues of my family. There is a lot of anxiety in it (especially between my mom and I), and I always do my best to keep problems from rising, but mom always pushes it just far enough for things to boil over on my end. I usually end up saying something horrible, she cries, and I become the psycho. And, I am, I guess, but it would never be the case if I wasn't pushed all the time.

And I don't know what to do to get all of this out because my other family is getting tired with my venting, I don't have a counselor at the moment since I moved back from college, and I am sick of the lack of heart on most of the internet. I don't know what to do. I'm a 23 y/o man and I want to scream like a child.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Staff member
Hey its okay to vent on here.
we are here to listen.
I hope it helps talking on here. Try not to give up (i know easier said than done!).
its okay to feel like this.
Keep talking
Fox
x

Girl Interrupted

Girl Interrupted

Hi JJ

I know what you mean about wanting to scream. The silent scream on the inside that nobody else can hear!

PD's are often stigmatised and discriminated against by the very people who are supposed to provide care, support & treatment. Yeah it sucks

It's a safe place to explore your thoughts & feelings with others here on the forum.

Keep posting

G. I