• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don't deserve to be here

M

Miliana

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing fine during this time period !!

I recently started to feel more like I deserve to be hurt more, I feel like my "struggles" are nothing next to what other people might experienced.
I get upset and anxious around people, I am legitimately scared of most of them and I feel like this is very stupid.
I thought "where did all the anxiety and depression started?" and realised that I am overly sensitive and should be over it, I should not have depression just because I was sexually assaulted at 14 by my boyfriend, when some women are really raped, just because all my friends left me and I got bullied, when some children unfortunately die because of bullying, just because my stepfather went to jail, when some people lose their father because of gang violence...

I feel like an imposter in this forum, my struggles are not worth it and as important as yours. I am just weak :/
But If my struggles are real, why can't people see them ? I always confide in the wrong person and cry of regret after

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi Milliana,

Your struggles are as valid as anybody else's - suffering from anxiety and depression does not make you weak. :hug:

You're most certainly not an imposter here!

People without MH struggles find it hard to understand. That's why it's so beneficial for you to have a place to come where you can be honest and understood. You can confide in us and we're very happy to support you.

Eaze_

Eaze_

Please don’t feel insignificant or like your situations are any less to anyone else here💜 It sounds like you’re hurting a lot and you deserve to feel strong and good about yourself☺

I’d say you’re far from weak.. it takes huge courage to open up about your personal situations let alone join a forum and even when you’re hurting you still wish everyone the best and hope we’re doing good.. that’s inspiring and really strong of you☺💜..

I’m sorry you feel as though you deserve to feel this way, it sounds like you have been through a lot of hard times but I’m really happy you’re here and I’m really happy to hear you open up and reach out.. these are amazing steps imo 💞 but I think you are way too hard on yourself and I’d love for you to be able to one day see the good things about yourself and the positives you deserve <3. I admire you so much for expressing yourself here I wish you wasn’t so hard on yourself atm but I hope with the kind encouraging community on this forum you can find ways to boost yourself and your self worth❤❤

T

treasurebox

I have learned that listening to good music helps. Listening to good music is therapeutic and it heals.
I listen to these songs everyday and they are on youtube:

Fearless by Jasmine Murray
Good Morning by Mandisa
Overcomer by Mandisa
I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly

It will be good for you to listen to them daily or as needed.

You were made to be brave and happy. You were born to have peace and live a good life.

T

timi0000

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing fine during this time period !!

I recently started to feel more like I deserve to be hurt more, I feel like my "struggles" are nothing next to what other people might experienced.
I get upset and anxious around people, I am legitimately scared of most of them and I feel like this is very stupid.
I thought "where did all the anxiety and depression started?" and realised that I am overly sensitive and should be over it, I should not have depression just because I was sexually assaulted at 14 by my boyfriend, when some women are really raped, just because all my friends left me and I got bullied, when some children unfortunately die because of bullying, just because my stepfather went to jail, when some people lose their father because of gang violence...

I feel like an imposter in this forum, my struggles are not worth it and as important as yours. I am just weak :/
But If my struggles are real, why can't people see them ? I always confide in the wrong person and cry of regret after
You are just as important as anyone else on here. Many people on this forum feel the way you do. Let me share some things with you that really helped me transform my life. I think they can really help you. I would recommend reading the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and APPLYING the principles he talks about in your life. Just reading for an intellectual understanding won't make a difference. It was the very first thing that started to unlock me from my dysfunction.

Meditating on my breath really helped too. Focusing on the sensation of my breath as it enters and leaves a nostril is what you do. I would recommend finding a teacher in your area or at least find some information on YouTube. This really helped me unlock from my dysfunction too.

Taking the actions of love toward other people really helped me too. Start treating the people around you with more love. Do more loving things for them. Start helping people. When I did this, the dysfunction just melted away over time.

More than anything, take whatever actions you feel drawn to take in dealing with your anxiety. When your mind sees that you are serious about getting to the core of problem, the dysfunction will decrease since it has served its purpose. It is like an alarm bell letting you know that you have some issues that need to be dealt with.