• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don't believe that I have BPD.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I agree with my therapist that I might have Schizoaffective disorder. I was diagnosed with that before. But my psychiatrist believes I have BPD and he never listens to me.

Marrex

Marrex

My mother has always said that Psychiatrists are a dime a dozen. Meaning, if he doesn't listen to you, move on! Might be easier said than done if you live in a small town or something, but it's better to get someone that actually listens to you and respects what you think.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I have schio disorder. Took awhile to get diagnosis. I stuck with mine. Good luck!

Wishbone

Wishbone

Do you have a history of SH? If so, that's the only label those goons see when they find that out. Minds made up in an instant.

Are there any things in particular that make you think it's Schizoaffective rather than BPD?

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Do you have a history of SH? If so, that's the only label those goons see when they find that out. Minds made up in an instant.

Are there any things in particular that make you think it's Schizoaffective rather than BPD?
Hello. I have self harmed many times, but I stopped a few months ago. Sometimes I still deal with the thoughts, but I'm trying not to self harm.

I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective disorder before. I also have a lot of the symptoms, which my therapist can see as well. I never understood why I was diagnosed with BPD. My therapist plans on calling my psychiatrist to speak to him about all of this.

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

My mother has always said that Psychiatrists are a dime a dozen. Meaning, if he doesn't listen to you, move on! Might be easier said than done if you live in a small town or something, but it's better to get someone that actually listens to you and respects what you think.
Thank you. Yeah I wanted to look for a new psychiatrist but it's so hard to find one. Most psychiatrists I've went to were terrible.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I think it’s hard for psychiatrists to really be able to do their jobs well given the time limits and the nature of diagnosis. They are supposed to categorize our problems neatly into one tiny label so they can be addressed in terms of black and white thinking when in reality usually ther is a lot more gray. Do you know if there are different treatments for the two different conditions or if they are more or less the same? If the treatments are the same it might matter less that the diagnosis isn’t entirely correct. I still think it’s great that your therapist is willing to advocate for you anyway. xo, j

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

I think it’s hard for psychiatrists to really be able to do their jobs well given the time limits and the nature of diagnosis. They are supposed to categorize our problems neatly into one tiny label so they can be addressed in terms of black and white thinking when in reality usually ther is a lot more gray. Do you know if there are different treatments for the two different conditions or if they are more or less the same? If the treatments are the same it might matter less that the diagnosis isn’t entirely correct. I still think it’s great that your therapist is willing to advocate for you anyway. xo, j
Thank you. I'm not really sure, but I think I need new medications.

Wishbone

Wishbone

What meds do you take currently, Fairy?

Fairy Fountain

Fairy Fountain

Forgot to mention that I think Olanzapin helps me with sleep. But I still have a lot of paranoia throughout the day.

B

Bigfoot

The best psychiatrist I ever had seemed hostile. You can't know if he's right or wrong unless you know why he made his judgement. But I find it odd that he commented that the symptoms will get better over the years since what he probably should have said is there is therapy to treat bpd. The fact that it gets better over the years isn't too helpful now.