• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I don’t know how to ask for help

F

failedvibecheck

- and a part of me doesn’t want to :)

I literally cannot see myself without this. For some reason getting better scares the hell out of me. I don’t really know why, since of course that would probably improve my life a lot but...I don’t know. I don’t think if it’s bad enough for me to need help. I know I shouldn’t wait for it to get even worse, but I don’t feel like I deserve help.

Foxjo

Foxjo

I used to worry as I didn't know who I would become when I was well again. I had this idea that I wouldn't like who I would become.
As if my whole character would change.

That's the illness talking. I realise that now but at the time I couldn't see it.

Please reach out for help. You deserve it
Hugs
Fox

Z

Zoe1

oh yes I had that a fear of recovering
im not fully recovered, but recovery is nothing like I thought it would be
and Ive discovered new things about myself

asking for help is very brave and takes huge courage I think
for me it has been a difficult journey
having a place like this will help you to make a record of that journey

Zero One

Zero One

I literally cannot see myself without this. For some reason getting better scares the hell out of me. I don’t really know why, since of course that would probably improve my life a lot but...I don’t know. I don’t think if it’s bad enough for me to need help. I know I shouldn’t wait for it to get even worse, but I don’t feel like I deserve help.
Oh I know these feelings it is like trapped excitement with a positive feeling anxiety. I hope it passes soon so you can rationalize better what you want to do...that is if it is blocking your reasoning like what it used to do to me.

P

Prycejosh1987

Negativity puts pressure on you to have these feelings. You should talk to someone and change is a good thing, it is not something that will be brand new and come straight away. It is something that happens gradually.