• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I didn't hear voices, I heard sounds...

R

ronit

I suppose it is the same mechanism as hearing voices, but I feel it is also different since I didn't hear a voice in my head but something real being transformed in a word. Basically all the sounds around me would form sentences. Each sound would make a word and the words together would form sentances. It was all the sounds around me, in particular I remember pens clicking, keys hitting each other, kitchen pans clacking. But it was just about all sounds that I heard. Psychiatrists seem puzzled when I point out that I heard sounds and just end up calling them voices.

They would tell me a lot of things, in paricular I remember a command that went "Don't think, just feel" and I understood that as them wanting me not to think but just listen to them talikng. They would go so far as to tell me I would die if I thought a certain amounts of thoughts and then that I had died (but obviously I hadn't) but that ment to them that I would be punished later in my life. Once, as I was getting better, they told me to stay very still because if I moved I would feel a huge pain. I sat still for hours and then decided to move, because I couldn't stay there forever. I found out that I didn't feel any pain. Later the sounds told me "we lie". I guess that reflected my own thought, as I was starting to doubt them. After that they diminished a lot and eventually left.

I guess I just wanted to share my experience and was curious to see if anyone else has had something similar happen.

R

Rebeca1

I have had voices paranormal activity and visions and physical pain given to me mainly in my head but real and very physical

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U Ten years and I didn't know? Hearing Voices Forum 1
H Meditation: I'm so hard on myself, I didn't know I was doing good! Hearing Voices Forum 11
U singing voices in my head told by mh services they didn't excisist Hearing Voices Forum 9
fridderz I didn't tell the doctor, but it's not my fault I didn't Hearing Voices Forum 1
S I Hear a Voice Hearing Voices Forum 6
Bassman01 Do most people who hear voice here them in their Head or external to them like in the room they are in Hearing Voices Forum 10
M this song makes me wonder if more people hear voices than is admitted to Hearing Voices Forum 2
calmleaves ***TRIGGER WARNING: discusses physical, sexual, verbal, and emotional abuse*** Is it possible that i hear voices because of traumatic experiences? Hearing Voices Forum 8
E Does the voices you hear always say the same thing to you or does it change depending on how you are? Hearing Voices Forum 6
NWiddi When to tell a potential love interest you hear voices? Hearing Voices Forum 22
A I hear voicea Hearing Voices Forum 1
sam999 i hear screaming Hearing Voices Forum 14
T I hear kind voices in my head Hearing Voices Forum 7
R Can ppl hear my thoughts? Hearing Voices Forum 25
Hello513 I actually still occasionally hear voices. Hearing Voices Forum 4
Ras Do people who know you hear voices, constantly ask what they say? Hearing Voices Forum 23
D What do you hear voice wise Hearing Voices Forum 28
B coming to terms that i hear voices Hearing Voices Forum 11
15Satan15 How many voices do you hear? Hearing Voices Forum 24
C I believe im telepathic, Hear my story Hearing Voices Forum 35
B I don't hear voices as such but... Hearing Voices Forum 3
R How do you hear your voices? Hearing Voices Forum 16
wollie How do people react when you say you hear voices Hearing Voices Forum 8
soulsearcher Do you hear voices all the time? 24/7? Hearing Voices Forum 53
ABell Even though I'm psychic I still shit myself everytime I hear voices Hearing Voices Forum 8
D If you hear voices, have a read of this Hearing Voices Forum 45
M I hear too many voices Hearing Voices Forum 10
LORD BURT What do you hear right now? Hearing Voices Forum 10
S Can people hear my thoughts Hearing Voices Forum 2
Z do I hear voices ? Hearing Voices Forum 25
S I Hear Devils Hearing Voices Forum 3
soulsearcher Does anyone else hear devils? Hearing Voices Forum 92
F What I’ve been hearing for months. Anyone hear these phrases? Hearing Voices Forum 20
L What does it feel like to hear voices? Hearing Voices Forum 17
V When did you first hear voices? Hearing Voices Forum 22
C Does anyone hear a family member? Hearing Voices Forum 10
N Biggest breakthrough I've ever experienced with the voices I hear!!! Hearing Voices Forum 21
J I hear voices of pretty much anyone I come into contact with. Hearing Voices Forum 6
M How to positively re-connect with the people whose voices I hear Hearing Voices Forum 3
P What Kind Of Voices DO YOU Hear?????????? Hearing Voices Forum 7
Mr.NiceGuy Do any of you guys hear each other as a voice? Hearing Voices Forum 6
A I don't hear voices exactly--I hear muttering. Hearing Voices Forum 5
N The more I hear the voices then the more I recognise them as part of my personality I no longer have. Hearing Voices Forum 9
N A Shock To My System/Hear Voice Hearing Voices Forum 15
R I hear a womens voice. Hearing Voices Forum 1
cpuusage Two simple questions that have changed the way people hear inner voices Hearing Voices Forum 2
soulsearcher quick question about when you hear the voices... Hearing Voices Forum 8
R I hear a voice in my head that isn't mine. Hearing Voices Forum 17
cpuusage In Some Cultures People with Schizophrenia Actually Like the Voices They Hear Hearing Voices Forum 11
P hear voices almost 3 years Hearing Voices Forum 8