i did a bad thing

S

simonr1978

does doing self harm make me a bad person? :sorry:
No Midnightphoenix, you are not stupid at all and whilst I can appreciate that it's easier said than done, you really mustn't think like that.

I can also appreciate completely that what I said is easier said than done too, trust me when I say that my advice is definitely in the "Do as I say, not as I do" category.

And no, self harming doesn't make you a bad person. I may have said this before but it probably bears repeating; it's a coping mechanism. Not a healthy one admittedly, but that's basically what it is.

Again I can say all this knowing I personally will probably do so myself later this evening, rationally I know it's not going to help help anything or change anything for the better but I will likely do so none the less. From an outsider's perspective, do you think that makes me a bad person!

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

No Midnightphoenix, you are not stupid at all and whilst I can appreciate that it's easier said than done, you really mustn't think like that.

I can also appreciate completely that what I said is easier said than done too, trust me when I say that my advice is definitely in the "Do as I say, not as I do" category.

And no, self harming doesn't make you a bad person. I may have said this before but it probably bears repeating; it's a coping mechanism. Not a healthy one admittedly, but that's basically what it is.

Again I can say all this knowing I personally will probably do so myself later this evening, rationally I know it's not going to help help anything or change anything for the better but I will likely do so none the less. From an outsider's perspective, do you think that makes me a bad person!
your not a bad person :hug:

S

simonr1978

It's not a failure just because some days you're stronger than others and some days bring more stresses than usual

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

today's been a complete load of crap thats why this happened :cry:

nobody has had a good word to say about me :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Please don't hurt yourself. Do seek emergency care. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Redgirl12 Self Harm Forum 4
shaky Self Harm Forum 3
S Self Harm Forum 5