• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I Cried Today

W

wednesday addams

If I ever doubted I have depression, I don't now. I have been told by Drs I have it. I take meds but think I need something else or something added. I Cried today I felt terrible. Called Dr got an appointment for October 19th. Depression is so debilitating it is horrible. It's sad that those who don't have it can't sympathize, or try to understand what we endure. Can someone please give me ideas to feel better tonight? The nights are so difficult for me. Thanks all.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Wish you the best. No advice sadly.

H

hairybanana

Check in here when you can I reckon is the way to go 👍 and sleep, lots of precious sleep if you can

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

If I ever doubted I have depression, I don't now. I have been told by Drs I have it. I take meds but think I need something else or something added. I Cried today I felt terrible. Called Dr got an appointment for October 19th. Depression is so debilitating it is horrible. It's sad that those who don't have it can't sympathize, or try to understand what we endure. Can someone please give me ideas to feel better tonight? The nights are so difficult for me. Thanks all.
Hi Wednesday Adams, I like listening to music, also like nature sounds- I have Alexa and sometimes I'll play that instead of music.

Do you have a pet? Love borrowing my dog's sweet calm sitting with him.

I also have a cup of hot tea sometimes. Trying to replace a glass of wine with that, but some nights I have a glass of wine. I have been not limiting it to only a glass and so tea is the replacement for now.

Also, sometimes I'll set the timer to get 20 minutes of work done in the evening. Then when the timer rings I relax with some of what I mentioned.
💗

T

tiltawhirl3

First, I sleep. If I am able, I watch something inspiring or at least something educational that I find interesting and on better nights I read self-development/spiritual books, just a few paragraphs at a time right before I sleep. That helps the most but I am not always able to do it. and sometimes I just write a lot in my journal here. I kinda keep a captain's log, it helps with perspective and my forgetfulness.

W

wednesday addams

Hi Wednesday Adams, I like listening to music, also like nature sounds- I have Alexa and sometimes I'll play that instead of music.

Do you have a pet? Love borrowing my dog's sweet calm sitting with him.

I also have a cup of hot tea sometimes. Trying to replace a glass of wine with that, but some nights I have a glass of wine. I have been not limiting it to only a glass and so tea is the replacement for now.

Also, sometimes I'll set the timer to get 20 minutes of work done in the evening. Then when the timer rings I relax with some of what I mentioned.
💗

Hi, I can't have a pet. Thank you Sign, just laying on the couch right now. I appreciate your response.❤️

W

wednesday addams

First, I sleep. If I am able, I watch something inspiring or at least something educational that I find interesting and on better nights I read self-development/spiritual books, just a few paragraphs at a time right before I sleep. That helps the most but I am not always able to do it. and sometimes I just write a lot in my journal here. I kinda keep a captain's log, it helps with perspective and my forgetfulness.

Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it.❤️

B

Bod

Former member

I am very sorry you suffer from depression as many here do, and we know the feelings and how they affect us all and we can understand just how that other person is struggling. Depression is sadly so mentally emotionally and physically draining on us as it feels like a big heavy weight we are always caring around on our shoulders just wearing us down, so we have to try and find something that can help us to occupy our minds. It could be writing drawing or hobbies, I use to write down everything that was good about me and try my best to look at it everyday, these are just thoughts that I hope you might be able to try.

D

Daringdan

My heart goes out to you. Exercise and immersive-in-person conversations are the most effective ways to get me out of a funky mood.

B

Bluesonata

Depression is the most awful thing. You have my love and sympathy. I have taken to listening to videos on YouTube at night. I am listening to Marisa Peer at the moment. Her advice is good but I am struggling to put it into practice at the moment. I do fall asleep listening to it. Remember you are not alone. Sending you big hugs.

W

wednesday addams

Depression is the most awful thing. You have my love and sympathy. I have taken to listening to videos on YouTube at night. I am listening to Marisa Peer at the moment. Her advice is good but I am struggling to put it into practice at the moment. I do fall asleep listening to it. Remember you are not alone. Sending you big hugs.

Hi thank you, your kindness touched my heart.💕 Yes, it is an awful thing. It's sad when someone says to you, I don't care about your depression. Someone said that to me today. Thanks for your response.

W

wednesday addams

My heart goes out to you. Exercise and immersive-in-person conversations are the most effective ways to get me out of a funky mood.

Thank you.🤗

W

wednesday addams

I am very sorry you suffer from depression as many here do, and we know the feelings and how they affect us all and we can understand just how that other person is struggling. Depression is sadly so mentally emotionally and physically draining on us as it feels like a big heavy weight we are always caring around on our shoulders just wearing us down, so we have to try and find something that can help us to occupy our minds. It could be writing drawing or hobbies, I use to write down everything that was good about me and try my best to look at it everyday, these are just thoughts that I hope you might be able to try.

Thanks for your reply Bod.🤗