• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I could use some help

B

Bt805

First of all, I’m not the one hearing voices but my girlfriend is and it’s really starting to concern me. Little background, we’ve been together for a few years and she takes a cns for narcolepsy. Recently she’s been convinced the house we share is bugged because of the voices she hears telling her negative things about her and about our relationship. She has problems sleeping and sometimes stays up for more than a day or two and that’s when it really gets bad. She also hears things and thinks I have snuck people in the house. I’ve helped her look for hidden cameras/microphones but mostly as a show of support. I tell her I’ve never heard any voices in the house, and it has to be from lack of sleep, the drug, and maybe stress. I’m at a loss for a way to help her. Where should I try and get her help? I believe she goes back and forth between believing they’re in her head and being convinced somebody is spying/messing with her. I’ve been trying to convince her they’re in her head and she needs help. Is there any way to do this and am I going about it the wrong way? I really appreciate any feedback. If this isn’t the appropriate place for this post please move/delete. I just don’t know what to do. Thanks.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Has she seen her doctor? The doctor is the first step to getting her some help, doctor can help her with medications for the voices :hug:

Marrex

Marrex

I'm not professional, but this sounds like schizophrenia or something similar. You said it goes back and forth between knowing it's in her head and then believing people are spying on her. First question I'd ask myself is this: is there a time correlation between the lack of sleep and the times she believes she's being spied on? If so, and I know this is is rather 'generic' but timing is everything here. She certainly needs help, but if she's in that state of mind where she truly believes in the delusions, then there's no convincing her she needs help. But, if you can catch her during those times where she knows it's in her head, that's where, I think, you can get somewhere with getting her to seek out the help she needs. Like midnightphoenix said, she needs a doctor, or perhaps a hospitalization. I know there's a stigma with that last part, but I've been there and it really can help.