• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I could really do with a friend right now

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
Hi, my name's Helena, I'm 22 and come from a town near Newcastle. I'm a single mum of a 2yr old girl. I am receiving treatment for depression, stress and anxiety. I am currently on Mirtazapine 15mg. I have tried this at 30mg but I was becoming more depressed due to rapid weight gain. I have tried various other drugs at different strengths, but have been told that SSRI's don't agree with me. I have only my partner and mam to talk to, and so i eventually wear them down and i have no one to lean on. I have no friends and no way of making them. I hope someone else out there is going, or has been through this and can help me. I'm scared i might loose sight of what I've got and do something daft. I feel so lonely.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
:tea::welcome: sorry that your feeling low helena, but youve come to the right place. I know the feeling of not wanting to burdon your family, plus if your anything like most with depression your not telling them how you really feel. Do you think your depression was brought on by anything in particular. Could it be PND.

Have you tried talking to your health visitor to see if theres any help you can get. Or maybe you could get some therapy.

If not you can always have a good old rant on here and no one will be offended

take care:flowers:

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
I tried to commit suicide twice last year, but was found both times. Both times i saw the crisis team and it was suggested it could be PND. However I've been seeing a councillor for a few months now and we both agree that i had all these symptoms long before i was pregnant. I was abused by a family member when i was little. My mind had completely blocked it out and I've only started coming to terms with it recently. When i left school i didn't realise the problem and made friends with the wrong crowd. I ended up in a world of drink and drugs for a few years. I have pulled myself out of it now (Which took some real determination!) Trouble is all my friends from school have moved away, and i have no one. I used to hide all my probs from everyone, then when i started therapy, I think opened up to much to everyone, so now I'm every one's worry, and so, every one's problem. There isn't a person in my life that doesn't know my problems. Just wish i could get away some times. Sometimes i wish i could go to sleep and not wake up. I'm scared that if i take tablets again, someone would find me, and if i lived they'd take my baby from me.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Am really6 sorry your so low but thank goodness you were found in time. Do you think it was a cry for help. Quite often when youve been thru a trauma at a young age and blocked it it needs to find a release. I am speaking from experience if you look at my journal. I did the same and blocked it then at 21 took a load of pills

I think sometimes we can tell family too much I know ive donethat and my sister is forever on my back checking up on me, Cant your councellor recomend some groups ou could attend. Not necessarily within he MH regime but getting you into mums and toddlers.

Although not religious when mine were little we went to coffee mornings at the local church. It didnt matter wether u attended or not, and although the first time was hard i soon made friends.:hug:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi, my name's Helena, I'm 22 and come from a town near Newcastle. I'm a single mum of a 2yr old girl. I am receiving treatment for depression, stress and anxiety. I am currently on Mirtazapine 15mg. I have tried this at 30mg but I was becoming more depressed due to rapid weight gain. I have tried various other drugs at different strengths, but have been told that SSRI's don't agree with me. I have only my partner and mam to talk to, and so i eventually wear them down and i have no one to lean on. I have no friends and no way of making them. I hope someone else out there is going, or has been through this and can help me. I'm scared i might loose sight of what I've got and do something daft. I feel so lonely.

Hey there Helena, and :welcome:. Hopefully you can come to call us friends, if only cyber ones :) The forum hasn't been open too long, but already there is a band of friends, with varying degrees of pottiness, (y) and varying obstacles in their life. Hope your stay here is fruitful :D

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
There's no point not being potty and proud! I spent rather a long time developing my differences, shame it involved rather too much time in hospital ;)

Right I now have to create a banner for my signature...

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
Proud or not you all still made me smile. Feels good to finally talk to people who don't talk down to you. Don't get me wrong, family and councillors want to help, only they might as well exaggerate the facial movements and talk really slowly! Sometimes i want to shout I'm unhappy not stupid! (Well to my councillor anyway!)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
hi helen sorry to have dissappeared. My bliddy laptop decide to freeze. Id typed you a nice long and quite funny pm. Then could i post it. Could i hell.
Damn thing stuck like glue and cant be arsed to do it all again so it will have to wait for another day.

Are you feeling a bit more positve hun. It sounds as if you are:grouphug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
right helena im off to try and get some sleep. Hope you can manage it as well

take care
xxx

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Well I just put a banner together inspired by this thread (y)

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
hank you so much for your help to night Daffy, you've been a real inspiration!
Hope to speak to you again,
Take care!

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
I like it! Might not be quiet the right message, but i suppose if you cant beat them join them?!

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Given what some people take as normal, I'd rather be potty:)

mischief

mischief

Admin
Welcome He1ena!:welcome:

Sometimes i want to shout I'm unhappy not stupid! (Well to my councillor anyway!)
Now that made me laugh! :clap:Perhaps we should get a tee shirt printed with your quote "I'm unhappy not stupid!" I can imagine a fair few people would like to wear that one in a few different places! :D