• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I considered hurting myself tonight

L

lemontree

For real? Your husband said that? That’s messed up. Crying is NOT “unnecessary.” That’s his problem if he feels uncomfortable with you crying. I’m so sorry he said that and now you feel like you can’t even cry around him. It frustrates him? Why on earth would his partner crying frustrate him? Does he not have empathy? I don’t mean to knock him, but that’s not okay to be treated like that. I saw in another post above that at home you get called stupid and are told to shut up. Is that your husband, too? *hug*
Yeah, sometimes I don't understand him - he can be very sweet but he does seem to lack empathy for those he cannot understand. There's a lot of behaviours of his that I don't understand and would consider "unnecessary" but I know that to say that is to illegitimise his feelings and I understand that we all experience life differently so nothing could be truly "unnecessary".

That was him too, during lockdown I think more than anything as he was stressed so more angry and I was stressed so more mopey. Sometimes we clash a bit like that :( Thank you for replying though

Wishbone

Wishbone

Ah okay, just wondered if it was a snippet from a song I knew of but obviously not. The Wishbone thing... I guess I like the idea of something good coming from something broken.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Could this be considered a BPD trait? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
J Hurting myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Fairy Lucretia i don't think i can give up hurting myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
M hurting Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
W Unstable Relationships - Accidentally Hurting Others Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
S how to stop from hurting those I love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
M Being kind to myself. How? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
L my opinion of myself is based on the opinion of others Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
T i scare myself, i am about to lose everything Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
Fairy Fountain I don't know how to stand up for myself. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 27
R I hate myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L Struggling to accept life after years of trying to kill myself. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
UnstableSolace Letting myself get treated badly, help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
L Comparing myself / getting angry about boyfriend's past Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
S I'm afraid of myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
V I tried to harm myself today... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
Fairy Lucretia because i don't hurt myself as much Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
O Struggling to forgive myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 34
S I'm taking a vow of silence (I feel ashamed of myself) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S I'm Fighting A Battle With Myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
P I don't feel like myself Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
S I Can't Believe Myself!! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Sadbutgettingbetter feel like i can't stand myself right now Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
E I can’t explain myself clearly Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5