• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i cant understand or relate to most people

GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon

You have no fear either.

Talked to my mother. His back is really bad and docs say he has arthritis. Can't sit, stand or lay for long. His back wasn't great before the accident from sitting at the computer all day. He has his daughter 50% of the time. He plays video games when she is not around. Not much he can do.

She's 12. He home schools her. She's really smart apparently and is learning calculus. She started to cook for him. Her mother isn't big on cooking. They go to the beach. Skate park. Still do lego. Bit of everything.

That's all I got from mum.

GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon

Mmmm it is interesting. Like you with your son. Makes me wonder.

Hypothetical situation:

You son falls down and hurts his leg. He starts crying. Do you think "I remember what it was like to hurt myself like that." Then want to comfort him. Hug and talk nicely to make him feel better. Or what would happen there?

Ras

Ras

Mmmm it is interesting. Like you with your son. Makes me wonder.

Hypothetical situation:

You son falls down and hurts his leg. He starts crying. Do you think "I remember what it was like to hurt myself like that." Then want to comfort him. Hug and talk nicely to make him feel better. Or what would happen there?
he has hurt himself many times, he does a lot of physical sports and so on. When he has been hurt, like falling down or anything like that. I have never thought about me being hurt or anything to relate to what he is feeling. He normally tells me how he is feeling if it isnt obvious and i do what i can to fix that. He is a tough kid though and doesnt like ever showing if he is hurt. So he has to tell me know and then what he is feeling in order for me to get it

Crazyswede

Crazyswede

glad to hear it

hmm i honestly didnt even take into account feelings or anything like that. Even writing this out i am not really doing that. I am trying to think of it but its just not there
The act of “ putting yourself in someone else’s shoes” was also tricky for my ex to conceive of. The world revolves around him and his feelings, and others were welcome, as long as they made him happy. As soon as he was not happy, or saw something or somebody more entertaining, he was gone.

Ras

Ras

The act of “ putting yourself in someone else’s shoes” was also tricky for my ex to conceive of. The world revolves around him and his feelings, and others were welcome, as long as they made him happy. As soon as he was not happy, or saw something or somebody more entertaining, he was gone.
sounds very relatable

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I honestly get so annoyed and frustrated over this.
I fake feeling things based upon how people are reacting around me a lot of the time. Not with everything of course but with people being sympathetic to others or upset about some things that happened to a stranger or anything.
Truthfully i feel nothing when it comes to stuff like that. I just dont want to be around it because it kind of annoys me.

But i dont know if i do feel things like that for real though. Like with my son, i would do anything for him and i mean anything. I get very paranoid about him getting hurt and people hurting him and lets just say i will and have in the past done things to make sure that didnt happen or stopped it from continuing.
I dont know if that is sympathy or just because he is the most important thing to me.

Anyone else i just dont feel anything towards and straight out just dont care anything about them.
I think i am pretty good at faking that i care though but its very draining having to do that around them.

All i feel is annoyance most of the time and it seems to have cost me a lot. For one i cant seem to stay employed for long. Not only because the extreme boredom is like torture to me but i cant be around people for long periods of time without things getting bad.
And that isnt even getting started of hearing voices and the extreme paranoia i put up with daily.

I need to find some way to be able to better withstand people so that i can better myself financially so i can do more for my son. Doctors, therapists, psychotherapists and counsellors are no help what so ever since i keep being told for a little less then a year now that i should not be working atm yet the boredom and wanting more for my son is slowly eating away at me
Well your a protective parent so that's an admirable place to start. Dealing with the world and people in general is hard, your not alone there. What help are you getting if any?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
might be a tad over protective, so im told.
ATM i am not getting any help. Dont feel i need any or that anyone can offer what i want
That's fair enough. You can't be to overprotective though👍

Dark Rose56

Dark Rose56

I honestly get so annoyed and frustrated over this.
I fake feeling things based upon how people are reacting around me a lot of the time. Not with everything of course but with people being sympathetic to others or upset about some things that happened to a stranger or anything.
Truthfully i feel nothing when it comes to stuff like that. I just dont want to be around it because it kind of annoys me.

But i dont know if i do feel things like that for real though. Like with my son, i would do anything for him and i mean anything. I get very paranoid about him getting hurt and people hurting him and lets just say i will and have in the past done things to make sure that didnt happen or stopped it from continuing.
I dont know if that is sympathy or just because he is the most important thing to me.

Anyone else i just dont feel anything towards and straight out just dont care anything about them.
I think i am pretty good at faking that i care though but its very draining having to do that around them.

All i feel is annoyance most of the time and it seems to have cost me a lot. For one i cant seem to stay employed for long. Not only because the extreme boredom is like torture to me but i cant be around people for long periods of time without things getting bad.
And that isnt even getting started of hearing voices and the extreme paranoia i put up with daily.

I need to find some way to be able to better withstand people so that i can better myself financially so i can do more for my son. Doctors, therapists, psychotherapists and counsellors are no help what so ever since i keep being told for a little less then a year now that i should not be working atm yet the boredom and wanting more for my son is slowly eating away at me
It sounds like you maybe have schizophrenia because of the voices and not caring about some people. Might be worth getting a diagnosis.