• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I can't take anymore.. **Could Trigger**

4evalost

4evalost

Possible Trigger

All of my life I've suffered from being big.. Being bullied for being big not just big but massively big.. I do eat proper healthy food but then after that I just stuff myself stupid on junk, you name it it's cramed in there until I can't take anymore.. I'm so low at the moment I don't know what to do or where to turn.. I'm all alone in this ongoing battle this battle in my head with stupid food.. My first though in the morning is what should I eat.. I do tend not to eat during the day until tea time cos if I do have breakfast that just carries on into lunch then tea.. I just don't stop.. I pick all day long and if I don't pick I binge.. If I don't do those I don't have any food at all.. I don't ever see this getting any better and feel that I'd be better of not around at all..

Thanks for listening

S

*Sapphire*

Hi 4evalost,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so low at the moment. Unfortunately no one here can diagnose but there is an eating disorder becoming recognised as Binge Eating Disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binge_eating_disorder

Unfortunately at the moment I believe there is little help from the nhs directly for it but it may be worth enquiring about getting some cbt or talking therapy to help with it. There is also an organisation which runs a 12 step program and holds meetings all over the uk for those with a variety of eating disorders http://www.oagb.org.uk/

I know one member here went to a meeting and said it was very helpful...http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6375

On a practical level, i used to binge but more similar to a bulimic binge. The only thing that stopped me was sticking to a meal plan starting with breakfast and not being tempted to miss it incase i binged later. I found that missing meals beforehand increased the liklihood of a binge later because I was over-hungry. The meal plan specified times of when I had each meal or snack as apparently it helps keep your energy levels up, helps keep hunger at bay and it made me aware of when i was eating outside those times.

If I did binge it was important to still stick with the meal plan even if I felt guilty afterwards, it was horrendous at first but missing meals only meant i was susceptible to a further binge and going back into the bingeing cycle.

I also made sure that I ate every meal at the dining table and not in places associated with bingeing.

I would plate the food in the kitchen and check with my husband or someone if it was a correct portion size. If there were any leftovers I would bin it or freeze it straight away so i wouldn't be tempted to graze or binge on it later.

At the end of a meal I would have a stop point which indicated to my mind and body that the meal had finished such as chewing a piece of gum or having a cup of coffee or something similar. I also found it helpful to change my routine a bit after a meal to prevent being tempted to graze further like going for a walk (without any money!).

It helped not having binge food in the home, so I went shopping with a list and stuck to it. And I shopped when I wasn't hungry!
Not having the food in the house meant that if i really wanted to binge i would have to shop for it which meant i would have some time to reflect and change my mind if i felt that's what i wanted to do.

I also remembered that it is possible to stop myself mid-binge and if I did manage to do that I would make any food leftover inedible by pouring water on it or bleach or something to prevent me from being tempted to carry on later.

I don't know if that helps at all, it might be worth checking with your gp to see if you can have an appointment with a dietician to tailor a meal plan according to your needs.

Take care
Sapphire :)

Last edited:
4evalost

4evalost

Hi Sapphire, thank you for your reply it was very helpful.. :) I'm going to check out the links too when I get back.. Thank u again