• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I can't take any more & I don't know what to do (housing)

E

english rose

There is a severe problem with the water pressure in my flat, I've told the landlord about it on several occasions - I've lost count of the amount of times, he just fobs me off, makes excuses, procrastinates & so on, he fails to understand how unacceptable the situation is. It seems to be getting worse, right now I need to wash my hair & I can't - I can't wash my hair with a trickle like that. I just don't know what to do.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi english rose.

I've just come across your thread and wondered if you'd got anywhere with your landlord?

It is unacceptable but I'm not sure who you could complain to or what you can do about it. If anyone here has been in a similar situation they may be of more help. I know it sounds drastic, but if it continues, would moving be an option for you?

E

english rose

Moving is not really an option as so many landlords do not accept tenants who are on housing benefit such as myself, furthermore I have a dog & a cat & most landlords won't allow pets. The water pressure this week has been much better than last week - that's the way it goes, no rhyme or reason to it, it can 'go' at any time.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe you could contact thames water, maybe the landlord thinks water pressure is their responsibility

I had a problem the shower hose i connected to the taps the hot water pressure wasn't enough to push it through, since i've had this new geyser type boiler it works

I used to wash my hair in the bathwater, i remember one sunday in highcroft they're bathing all the patients so i get a bath i put my head under the water i'm suddenly grabbed by 3 nurses, next morning i'm brought in front of the psychiatrist why did you put your head under the water? to wash the soap out of my hair

You wash your hair with soap, no i use shampoo

You put shampoo in the bath water

Couldn't be bothered arguing further

E

english rose

Another reason why moving is not really on the cards is that I have very little energy - moving home is such a mammoth undertaking.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Moving is not really an option as so many landlords do not accept tenants who are on housing benefit such as myself, furthermore I have a dog & a cat & most landlords won't allow pets. The water pressure this week has been much better than last week - that's the way it goes, no rhyme or reason to it, it can 'go' at any time.
I see your predicament and totally get it re the lack of energy etc. It just seems wrong having to put up with it but I'm glad it's been better than it was. As rambo says, it might be worth contacting your water provider to see if there's anything they can suggest or help with. The only other thing would be to continue going on to your landlord. I hope you manage to get it sorted.

E

english rose

The water board have confirmed that there is nothing wrong with the water pressure generally in the area, so it is definitely down to this property.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
is it all the taps or just the shower?

E

english rose

I haven't got a shower, it's all the taps & they're not mixer taps.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the way things are going i'm grateful to be in social housing, all those years with problem neighbours, a no of them non med compliant problem neighbours, beaten up harrassed, ponced off for money for drugs

Freinds would advise me to go private

Worry what will happen when my elderly neighbour downstairs moves out policy seems to be once one schitzo is housed to house another and some aren't compliant with drugs like me, sounds a bit snobbish i know

E

english rose

I hope to get social housing in the neighbouring borough to my own (a much nicer place) once I turn 50 (I'll be 43 later this year), I'm on their waiting list yet I'm not allowed on my own borough's, they don't have much in the way of one bedroom places - but most of what they have is age restricted to the over 50s; I just hope that they don't change their rules re residency in the meantime - I was on the registers for a couple of other neighbouring boroughs, when I joined they allowed non residents to be on the list, but then changed their rules & I was chucked off.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
according to one of the local housing officers with all those people been chucked out of private housing in westminster, a no have brent connections, the housing list will get stuck, my women friend is trying to move and having problems, phoned me up in a state 2 days ago. i moved in the nick of time, my women friend wasn't responsible for attacking me with a hammer, diminished responsibility but there was still cosequences to her actions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PinkCandyFloss Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5