I cant stop over eating and eating unhealthy

• Thread starter Sadkittygirl1928
  • Start date
Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

After a few bad traumas that I can't get over I ended up starting to binge eat 1.5 years ago. my docs are not taking me serious, nor is my mental health providers even though I have gained 100 lbs and I went from healthy to morbidly obese. It was so fast I didnt even notice, but its REALLY starting to hurt my self image.. the catch is I cant stop no matter how bad I am trying. Im scared, how can I stop eating like this

Luci

Luci

Hi sadkitty,

I'm sorry you are struggling with this. Must be incredibly frustrating, particularly since you feel you have no one supporting you. I wonder if your mental health providers are focussing on other issues and your binge eating is a consequence of that? I would be asking to explore this with your GP or other professionals involved in your care. Do you know what triggers you specifically to binge eat? I would try distraction techniques. Find a short workout you enjoy on YouTube instead and get your endorphin level up, colour in, play a game, speak to someone. Even if you manage to skip 1 days binge in the first week it's a huge achievement! Have you looked for eating disorder support groups in your area?
Hope this helps some ♡

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

After a few bad traumas that I can't get over I ended up starting to binge eat 1.5 years ago. my docs are not taking me serious, nor is my mental health providers even though I have gained 100 lbs and I went from healthy to morbidly obese. It was so fast I didnt even notice, but its REALLY starting to hurt my self image.. the catch is I cant stop no matter how bad I am trying. Im scared, how can I stop eating like this
I know it won't be easy but with support and encouragement you will get there X

cmjanuc

cmjanuc

hey lovely,
you are so strong and I know you can get through this. Try with some light exercise and then move up. Take a walk in the morning, enjoy the world around you, it’ll help your health and mental health. Maybe try some yoga or even dancing! I know how frustrating this is but I believe in you. My inbox is always open <3