• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I CANT sleep in a dark room

Linda1989

Linda1989

I have to sleep with a night light on. Everytime I sleep in a pitch black room I hear voices. Why is that? Im on my medications.

E

EclipticNight

All my life I've seen "ghosts". As a kid I always had a nightlight because seeing shadow people walking around the bedroom was scary. I ended up with a sleep disorder and I'm up all night now so I have to make it dark to sleep. I do still see them too, walking around or standing about. I've gotten used to it. I'm glad mine don't talk, that would be really distracting.

Linda1989

Linda1989

All my life I've seen "ghosts". As a kid I always had a nightlight because seeing shadow people walking around the bedroom was scary. I ended up with a sleep disorder and I'm up all night now so I have to make it dark to sleep. I do still see them too, walking around or standing about. I've gotten used to it. I'm glad mine don't talk, that would be really distracting.
I think might try to a have a conversation with them see what they want. I tried before but got to scary.

E

EclipticNight

Whilst i don't hear random or disembodied voices I do have a split in my mind where another much darker piece of me lives. It has its own emotions, can but rarely speaks and i used to fight with it daily. We now co habitate my body, during the day it does its thing, at night when it sleeps I come here. Here's a few tips that may help.

What eventually worked was finding out what my dark side needed and accommodated it. It's violent, super evil and a total asshole in person. In my head it's much worse. I had to put aside fear and get to know this beast within me, learn what it needed and find a way to give it what it craved without hurting anyone else. Video games worked for me. Violence without consequences.

Ask your voices what it is they want. See if you can give them some pull, but remind them your in control and ultimatly their fates are yours to choose. When alone I speak to my beast often. No reason you can't try, just don't let them push you around. Your body your rules.