• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I can't see a solution to my problem other than avoiding everything

B

Blackrose09

Don't know why I'm posting this but I don't know what to do anymore 2irh these allergies and/ or weak immune system.

So I literally can't touch many things or be around stuff... I mean almost everything give me itches. I'm only safe in my bed when the laundry is cleaned at least 2 times with lots of sanitisers... And this is not ocd.... I mean it can look like... Or if it is than it is caused by extreme intense itching and it feels like something is moving under my skin. The two symptoms drive me crazy and cause me anxiety.
The dermatologyst said it is psychological itching... But is not!!! For sure is not. I have this problem since 7 years ago and I know if I don't bring stuff in my house (like groceries and others) and keep it perfectly clean I fldont have any problems. But even than I can have problems with allergies or with the immun system. Perfectly clean means using lots of sanitisers....i cant explain it...
I'm done i don't see any solution to my problem. And I don't want to explain how bad is this affecting me regarding ocd (compulsions and avoidance), anxiety and other aspects of my health, my finances etc.

Sorry if what I wrote doesn't make sense. If so just ignore me. I feel very down because of this e problem so don't deride me.

B

Blackrose09

I probably will die from suffocation and they will say my death was psychogical too.

I was half dead for a long time because of allergies and no one helped me. They just listened to me and took sadistic satisfaction from what they were hearing from me. Family and doctors. I was in bed all the time couldn't move, couldn't stand on my feet, couldn't think, my body was stiff and shaking etc. No one came to give me a glass of water and doctors were completly indifferent and one even said that's not true. Etc etc. This was almost 2 years ago. I'm better now

D

Daringdan

Sorry to hear what you've went through. Always remember "this too shall pass." I'll pray for you.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It is truly awful to be so itchy. It is very disappointing the dermatologist is not taking you seriously. Is it possible to see a different one? Have you tried any antihistamines to see if they can reduce the itching?

B

Blackrose09

It is truly awful to be so itchy. It is very disappointing the dermatologist is not taking you seriously. Is it possible to see a different one? Have you tried any antihistamines to see if they can reduce the itching?
Yes i will see a different doctor. My mind is set on skin infections more than on allergies so no I don't take antihistamines. I will ask to make investigations for skin infection too.
With the allergy I don't niven know anymore what makes my skin itchy seems like everything I come in contact with most of the times so I don't know what should I be tested for. There are to many.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A skin infection would explain the itching. It is so frustrating not knowing the cause. I really hope you can find a helpful doctor.

Globe Winner

Globe Winner

Hey, anti histamines can be good, i have taken to help. i used to itch alot too, i had to change my washing powder, my soap and aerosols. Also im very sensitive and believe it or not when the tv was on too often i could actually feel the radiation or whatever the stuff that is projecting off the screen and would make me itch aswell, i started reducing the electrical output in my home and noiced a reduction in itching.

B

Blackrose09

A skin infection would explain the itching. It is so frustrating not knowing the cause. I really hope you can find a helpful doctor.
It is not infection i saw a doctor. Just an old allergy who got worse.

B

Blackrose09

Hey, anti histamines can be good, i have taken to help. i used to itch alot too, i had to change my washing powder, my soap and aerosols. Also im very sensitive and believe it or not when the tv was on too often i could actually feel the radiation or whatever the stuff that is projecting off the screen and would make me itch aswell, i started reducing the electrical output in my home and noiced a reduction in itching.
I changed a lot of cleaning products and at least I found something that doesn't give me pruritus.
I maybe understand why electronics can cause this but I don't use them not often.
Yes, I feel good with antihistamines but I don't want to take so many medication..i also take 3, 4 psychiatric meds.