i cant live like this anymore

S

shawnie123

i am new here and I suffer from multiple mental health issues- depression, anxiety, PTSD, grief, and self harm. I am here because I am struggling right now. I think one of my meds has stopped working because my depression has gotten alot worse and i am self harming again after not doing it for some time. Things feel like they are coming to a head at this point. Ive been in therapy and on meds 6 + years and i have not made any significant progress, and indeed I am back sliding now. I have talked to my prescriber and she put me on some stupid blood pressure med for my anxiety and didnt even address the other issues. I told my therapist that I am frustrated at seeing very little in the way of results in 6 years and she suggested group therapy, which she knows terrifies me because of my social anxiety. Then she asked if I wanted a new therapist. Ive hit a wall here. I cant live like this anymore and I am not sure what to do. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

S

Sunset7

Hi Shawnie123, I'm sorry you are feeling so bad! I think maybe what your therapist says is a good idea: is there any way you can get help from somebody else? Obviously what your current therapist is doing isn't helping (any more), and if he or she is asking if you'd like to see someone else, there surely is a reason for that. Is there maybe a clinic you could check into to make sure you're safe? I don't know where you're from but here anybody with severe problems like yours can get professional help with 24 hr care. I hope you find the help you need, your writing here shows how strong you are and that you are fighting your way out of this!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
Sorry your struggling right now, I think seeing a new therapist might help.
Also go back to your dr and say how poorly you are and that you need a medication review.
Hope you feel better very soon.
Take care

S

shawnie123

Thank you all for your support. I had a med review and now my NP wants me to take lithium to keep me from going into the deep dark holes I go into and to help with my self harm. But I am super scared to take it. I hear it has many side effects and you have to take blood tests while on it. Does anyone have experience with it? i am still trying to decide whether or not to take it. I have read some scary reviews.

J

Jules5

hi you can always try medication for a month without to much harm and see if it helps. I know I am on some meds that have high risk side effects but they keep me on top of not being a snappy person. Lots of hugs and good luck

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Self Harm Forum 6