• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I can't get a lawyer...

D

Draw on the fire!

I called pretty much everybody I could. But I got nowhere, because nobody called me back. :drunk:

So it's... "out of my hands" now. :(

D

Draw on the fire!

Thanks. :grouphug:

It's just one of those things. But my court date is the 9th. It's not very wise to represent yourself. 😳

But if I can't obtain a lawyer, it's not like I didn't try. ⚖

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Forum Volunteer
I am not sure of the legal system in Scotland, but if you cannot get a lawyer, does the court have to supply you with a lawyer? :hug1:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Forum Volunteer
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Forum Volunteer
Maybe keep trying to get through to them on the phone? Or if they have a address (i assume they do), actually go in to see them to speak face to face? :hug:

D

Draw on the fire!

I have problems with my signal in my flat since I only have a 4G connection, but it's getting too cold to hang about outside. And people may overhear what I am saying.

But anyway, I really don't know who else to call, as I even called 111 after I literally tried everybody I could. There's not much they can do, as they cannot offer any practical legal advice.

My friend suggested a particular advice bureau, but they generally just tell you to find a lawyer. So I don't see the point in going there just for the exercise in very cold winter conditions. :)

T E_90

T E_90

I'm probably off topic, but I've always wanted
to become a lawyer, I'm currently studying criminal law.
I don't know your case, but I guess sooner or later, if you keep contacting someone will get back to you, depending on the issue.
I am not sure of the legal system in Scotland, but if you cannot get a lawyer, does the court have to supply you with a lawyer? :hug1:
I'm not sure about the laws of Scotland either, but normally you can get a private attorney or public defender just in criminal prosecutions.
If you have a civil litigation, you have to pay for your own private attorney, if you can afford the expenses.

D

Draw on the fire!

Yeah. I got told that if you end up getting arrested, the police can send somebody out to a station during questioning. And I assume they can represent you in court when you are taken there as well. But it seems that whenever I simply call around, they don't bother to help. This is because they're either saying I ought to go back to the guy I had (no way, considering he lied about losing a USB stick and said little else), or that I can expect a call back. Of course, no-one gets back to me a lot of the time, or if they do, it's normally the usual case of them just returning my voicemail to say they won't be able to assist me.

These charges are basically for arguably daft reasons. For example, I went making a video or maybe several, to talk at length about my perceived injustices. That's it. Ended up getting the orders amended that the court granted and was slapped with new ones for some other people, who are not really related to the original offences.

The thing is, I wasn't interested in contacting the individuals responsible for my predicament, nor am I even determined to bother them in any capacity. They all basically know people to do with producing films, so they are aware that I look for bit parts online in local productions. They're all disgruntled over petty nonsense stemming from contact I initiated with them years ago through Facebook and Twitter, so they've made it their goal I guess, to essentially soil my name, so people are like, "Hey, we don't want this dude as an extra in our movies!"

The other people are just former support workers, who got jumpy years ago after I basically made it known I fancied them. My head was a total mess at the time, for various reasons, so they could have been more understanding. Honestly, I was so depressed after a woman I found began to mistreat me and make me spend money on pleasing her. Yet they compounded the problem by exaggerating over the whole matter something awful, and while I am a bit autistic, I am otherwise very outgoing.

Quite frankly, I am socially inept, but eager for to fit in. I'm still quite intelligent and laid back when it comes to interacting with people. Perhaps a bit too timid for my own good, eh? But acting like that just over somebody grassing me up about how I liked someone, is very lame. And then their bosses were lying too after they requested their own removal, which is impossible to prove. But they lied, even after the police said they reported me at the accommodation I used to reside at.

Even before the issues with these women, I experienced unusual abuse from a guy who worked at the same company, because he was made aware that I had put ads on a site about seeking out the ex I just spoke about, who scammed me later on. And I really don't know what was up with this guy in particular. He basically sent me a lot of nasty emails, mentioning music and also bizarre insults concerning a wrestler who passed away, just because he knew I was a fan of this person. Which in itself, suggests they just hire anybody on the spot, and they could be untrustworthy. But I know that my original key worker was likely mentioning all of this to him, as care staff generally do that. At the time, I did sound really agitated over missing her.

The current workers usually fill in the gaps with any new personnel you may have shadow shifts with. But regardless of who said what, I really don't know why they employ the people that they do, if they take it upon themselves to harass you with a nickname. Many of them are crazy in my eyes, and you need to have support workers who are qualified, or more passionate about the job they signed up for. Sadly, many simply are not right for the industry.

As silly as the whole situation sounds, that's more or less how it started. So it got to the stage where I was arrested, pretty much for exposing my own animosity over theirs. If that even makes any sense. It's basically been the same thing for years, all because I lose my cool over being bullied, outcast, or mistreated, and the court refuses to listen each time I front them. Although I must say, being in a furious state is not helpful. But then I reckon they know how to push my buttons and worsen my anguish.

But anyway, I wasted my energy over people who were simply never interested in being reasoned with. It's like once someone takes a strong disliking to you, that's it. You either move on and accept that they don't want you in their vicinity, or you can prepare to suffer the same repetition for, what has in my case, been several years of absolute hassle. And for what? It's just a disaster.

T E_90

T E_90

Yeah. I got told that if you end up getting arrested, the police can send somebody out to a station during questioning. And I assume they can represent you in court when you are taken there as well. But it seems that whenever I simply call around, they don't bother to help. This is because they're either saying I ought to go back to the guy I had (no way, considering he lied about losing a USB stick and said little else), or that I can expect a call back. Of course, no-one gets back to me a lot of the time, or if they do, it's normally the usual case of them just returning my voicemail to say they won't be able to assist me.

These charges are basically for arguably daft reasons. For example, I went making a video or maybe several, to talk at length about my perceived injustices. That's it. Ended up getting the orders amended that the court granted and was slapped with new ones for some other people, who are not really related to the original offences.

The thing is, I wasn't interested in contacting the individuals responsible for my predicament, nor am I even determined to bother them in any capacity. They all basically know people to do with producing films, so they are aware that I look for bit parts online in local productions. They're all disgruntled over petty nonsense stemming from contact I initiated with them years ago through Facebook and Twitter, so they've made it their goal I guess, to essentially soil my name, so people are like, "Hey, we don't want this dude as an extra in our movies!"

The other people are just former support workers, who got jumpy years ago after I basically made it known I fancied them. My head was a total mess at the time, for various reasons, so they could have been more understanding. Honestly, I was so depressed after a woman I found began to mistreat me and make me spend money on pleasing her. Yet they compounded the problem by exaggerating over the whole matter something awful, and while I am a bit autistic, I am otherwise very outgoing.

Quite frankly, I am socially inept, but eager for to fit in. I'm still quite intelligent and laid back when it comes to interacting with people. Perhaps a bit too timid for my own good, eh? But acting like that just over somebody grassing me up about how I liked someone, is very lame. And then their bosses were lying too after they requested their own removal, which is impossible to prove. But they lied, even after the police said they reported me at the accommodation I used to reside at.

Even before the issues with these women, I experienced unusual abuse from a guy who worked at the same company, because he was made aware that I had put ads on a site about seeking out the ex I just spoke about, who scammed me later on. And I really don't know what was up with this guy in particular. He basically sent me a lot of nasty emails, mentioning music and also bizarre insults concerning a wrestler who passed away, just because he knew I was a fan of this person. Which in itself, suggests they just hire anybody on the spot, and they could be untrustworthy. But I know that my original key worker was likely mentioning all of this to him, as care staff generally do that. At the time, I did sound really agitated over missing her.

The current workers usually fill in the gaps with any new personnel you may have shadow shifts with. But regardless of who said what, I really don't know why they employ the people that they do, if they take it upon themselves to harass you with a nickname. Many of them are crazy in my eyes, and you need to have support workers who are qualified, or more passionate about the job they signed up for. Sadly, many simply are not right for the industry.

As silly as the whole situation sounds, that's more or less how it started. So it got to the stage where I was arrested, pretty much for exposing my own animosity over theirs. If that even makes any sense. It's basically been the same thing for years, all because I lose my cool over being bullied, outcast, or mistreated, and the court refuses to listen each time I front them. Although I must say, being in a furious state is not helpful. But then I reckon they know how to push my buttons and worsen my anguish.

But anyway, I wasted my energy over people who were simply never interested in being reasoned with. It's like once someone takes a strong disliking to you, that's it. You either move on and accept that they don't want you in their vicinity, or you can prepare to suffer the same repetition for, what has in my case, been several years of absolute hassle. And for what? It's just a disaster.
This sounds like an unfortunate, tangled story, where you are understandably angry.
I don't know if I understood correctly, but so, you are now in trouble for having been too much around them?
or because you have somehow discredited them publicly? (Internet, social media, etc..).
And I didn't understand if the USB you are talking about, contained any evidence against them/her, and was lost by your previous lawyer or by an employee you worked with.

If I'm not wrong, when you've already been reported more than twice by the same person/ group of people, it's considered 'harrasment', and at that point you are brought in a civil court, where, if there are no aggravating circumstances, the crime should be considered a misdemeanor.
If this is perpetrated, (which isn't your case I think)
it becomes a more serious criminal offense that can be prosecuted in a criminal court, where you will be provided with an attorney if you can't afford one.

Sorry you get caught up in this, bullying really is everywhere.
The only way I see you could win this ,it would be through finding evidence of what you're saying in court, either by witnesses, hidden recordings, documentation..., anything your lawyer could provide.
I'm sure sooner or later someone will call you back anyway, if you continue trying.

wednesday addams

wednesday addams

I called pretty much everybody I could. But I got nowhere, because nobody called me back. :drunk:

So it's... "out of my hands" now. :(
Hi, I've been trying to get free legal help because my father died and I don't know what caused his death. They only want to help if you have money.☹

T E_90

T E_90

Hi, I've been trying to get free legal help because my father died and I don't know what caused his death. They only want to help if you have money.☹
My condolences for your loss.
If you suspect foul play, it's very serious.
You could contact your State attorney office and talking to the criminal division about what you suspect. Maybe they could open an investigation and help you find the cause of death.

D

Draw on the fire!

Well, I believe you're in the United States. But maybe the procedure is similar. Civil lawyers ask for way too much money upfront. It's ridiculously high. I got told it's £500 for the first meeting, then £200 and VAT for every hour after that. So if you don't have the dough, it's unlikely you can do anything. And well, not many people do. Even if you had the money, it may not seem fair, but many solicitors are quite discrete about how they choose their clients.

And yep. My issues started in 2013 with these support workers. I obviously cannot refer to them by their names, or the company's name. But basically, these women acted strange, asked to be removed, and then their bosses called "Seniors" then constantly lied by saying they were just busy. After that, they had the police accessing my flat next to their office, after I had a mini meltdown, with spare keys they stored. But then they denied that they did that. Like... seriously!?

They lied a lot thereafter. Because I recall I breached my bail terms after I was released from jail the first time after being remanded, to offer an apology, which I thought was noble. And I was out all night, in the cold. Then I called a senior from a payphone in August of 2014 the next day, and they set me up with the police, which they denied. But the police overheard the conversation in their office.

I really don't know what made my former key worker change. She is this Spanish woman. If you met her now, you probably would not think there was anything out of the ordinary about her personality. Although my sister showed me messages to indicate that a service user said things to her, apparently telling the support worker in question to stay away from me. So that explains the hostility on display from that point onwards.

But I will tell you something. When we first starting working together, she was very nice. She later just acted rather odd, claiming she was moving to South America, which is a bogus story she made up, and then gradually just being moody, to the point where she acted more and more strange during my shifts. For example, she did the sleepover duty on Christmas Eve in 2013, at the accommodation I used to live in. Only, we were sitting in the staff flat. At the time, I was just watching a movie on a laptop. She was the only other person there. But she moved her seat away from me (behind the breakfast bar) and I looked at her, and she made some remark about her legs, and gave me a dirty look, when I didn't so much as bat an eyelid at her. But I didn't want to tell anybody about the way she was behaving, in case they removed her. But in the end, they did that anyway.

The following year, the person in charge got me to sign away my tenancy on a blank piece of paper, making up a yarn about me having rent arrears, when the council paid that for me every month. I'd even contacted them, just to be told that. And it all went downhill from there. I've gotten no support of any sort in years. They can use Covid as an excuse now for why the help has dried up, but they neglected me long before I even knew what that was.

I'll just have to send an email to the court, and state that I cannot get a lawyer. I've called everybody in Edinburgh by this point. I feel like I'd be chasing my tail if I kept it up, and I now have less than 2 weeks to go before my court date.