• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I can't finish anything i start, i'm a quitter.

B

boy3278

hi,
i'm a 19yrs old boy.
throughout my life i've tried to do many things but i always get overwhelmed and quit. i don't know why. thre always seems to be a reason but deep inside i know that i'm just trying to make excuses to not feel bad.
but after i quit things i always feel bad and regret everything.
is there somebody that feels like me? do you have any advice for me? thank you in advance.

P.s. i know that my english is not the best but it's not my first language, i'm sorry.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello boy. Welcome to the forum. Maybe you are trying to do too many things or things that are too difficult? You may need to just focus on doing one thing you want to do and see how that goes.

B

boy3278

thank you for replying.
actually i'm not doing nothing at this point in my life and that makes me feel so bad, i fell like i'm stuck in this circle where i find a job and then quit it and then feel bad for quitting i and then finding another one ecc..
right now i am going to evening school and i'm looking for a job but it's not easy.
also i really need one because my family doesen't support me financially... some days i just sit and stay on my phone for hours and hours just to silence my thoughts

i want to do things but as soon as i start i feel imprisoned or enslaved or something like that

bpd2020

bpd2020

It can be very difficult to find a job you enjoy especially if you do not have any particular field of interest. You are doing really well to go to evening school. I know how hard that is when struggling with motivation.