• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I can't eat

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
anything. Not hungry. Can't think of anything I would want to eat if I was hungry.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
how long have you been like this?

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The anxiety has been here for a long time, but it's been building over the last few weeks. It's just today, after taking lorazepam last night, that I have no appetite. I went to the ER yesterday and they gave me some lorazepam. I took one yesterday evening, and it seemed to help, but I only have one left, and I'm not sure if I should take it or not. I have a prescription for some more lorazepam, but right now I can't even get myself dressed and fed, never mind in the car and to the pharmacy with my prescription.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
Maybe the lorazapam is affecting your appetite. i wouldn't worry as it has only been today.

katya

katya

What I'd suggest for now is to try to have food that's very high in calories but fairly simple in terms of flavour. Maybe a meal replacement drink?

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do you think I should take my second one today to combat the anxiety?

katya

katya

Do you think I should take my second one today to combat the anxiety?
Is that what they said to do, to take it as and when you need to, to combat the anxiety? If so, definitely. :)

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I guess I need to. I can't think straight about anything right now and my stomach is twisted up in knots. Every time I think of everything I need to do my thoughts start racing and I can't do anything. I'm just sitting here watching netflix all day, knowing that procrastination is only going to make everything worse.

katya

katya

I guess I need to. I can't think straight about anything right now and my stomach is twisted up in knots. Every time I think of everything I need to do my thoughts start racing and I can't do anything. I'm just sitting here watching netflix all day, knowing that procrastination is only going to make everything worse.
Yeah, take the pill. Hopefully things will get better.

Try to eat something as well - it'll help you focus on stuff.

F

Fantail

Have you ever tried a non anti psychotic mood stabiliser?

Eat a little like a bit of toast. It's important for our mental health to eat well and regularly. I eat at 8am 11am 1pm 3:30pm 6pm and at 8pm I have hot milk and a biscuit.

You need some peace in your life. Let things settle. Lay in the bath. Rest. Nap. Do your hobbies. Walk outside. Breathe. Yoga. Stretch. Child pose I like. Lay and listen to the radio.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hoping you feel better (hug) xx

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A pill can stop the worst of the anxiety for a few hours, but all the underlying stuff is there. With school and exams and needing to find a job and register for my summer class and starting practicum in September plus 4 classes, I just don't know if I can do it and there's all the family of origin shit that's affecting my anxiety and self esteem and on and on and on it goes and I can't seem to focus on one thing at a time and my crazy messy apartment is stressing me out and my head spins every time I think about starting to clean everything up and I think that I need to focus on the most immediate things, like the readings I am behind on and an assignment I have to hand in on Tuesday.

F

Fantail

You cannot study in a messy home but it depends how urgent your uni work is. I'm sure you can recognise that stress and pressure is a trigger for you.

Keep that long term goal in mind. What job are you heading for?

Eat well. Get fresh air. Take breaks from study. Get stuck in. You've done uni work before successfully so you know you can do it.

T

tiltawhirl3

A messy home is depression & anxiety producing. I suggest setting a timer for 15 minutes twice a day and using that time to declutter/clean the apartment. Just focus on one task at a time.
It works.
You might do the same with the reading? But we all have different ways of studying, it might or might not work for you.