I can't drink and I'm getting so dehydrated!

C

Charliedragonfly

How you been coping since starting the discussion :hug:
Thank you for checking in

I've not been coping particularly well but I've been managing to drink maybe 1-2 cups of water a day. My eating feels out of control- although I have anorexia, I also seem to binge to perpetuate any guilty feelings sometimes, if I feel like I've gone over my 'limit'. I've put on maybe 2kg in two days and it just makes me feel awful, especially when I then get praised for it by my boyfriend who so desperately wants me to recover.

My blood results came back and I have iron deficiency anemia. I have tablets that I need to take twice a day but I've thrown a few in the bin already because of my fear of damaging my liver (my uncle went into hospital a few years ago with a damaged liver from alcohol abuse, and his brother died from liver failure for the same reasons) and also because it's like a punishment for eating too much. Today is the dizziest I've ever felt :(

C

Charliedragonfly

Also, does anyone know how not eating enough affects your period? My period app, Flo, has literally given up on me and is unable to predict my periods because for the last month I've just had no period and maybe 3 really random blood clots and spotting appearing for two seconds of the day, as opposed to my usual 3 week long periods with a 42 day cycle... :unsure:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Have you been to see your GP about your periods, there are treatments.
Have you had any therapy for the eating disorder?
You probably feel dizzy because your dehydrated and have anaemia, the tablets will help you to feel better. Please try to drink more water.
Take care

C

Charliedragonfly

Hi,
Have you been to see your GP about your periods, there are treatments.
Have you had any therapy for the eating disorder?
You probably feel dizzy because your dehydrated and have anaemia, the tablets will help you to feel better. Please try to drink more water.
Take care
Thank you
I haven't yet, but I will if they continue to be a pain.
And I'm waiting for therapy but of course it could take a month or two before any action is actually taken. My GP said we would cover that at my next appointment in two weeks time.
I will try to take the tablets and drink water! Thank you :)

E

EstherRose94

Also, does anyone know how not eating enough affects your period? My period app, Flo, has literally given up on me and is unable to predict my periods because for the last month I've just had no period and maybe 3 really random blood clots and spotting appearing for two seconds of the day, as opposed to my usual 3 week long periods with a 42 day cycle... :unsure:
I agree with eating juicy fruits to get water that way. And sip on things. Get a cute fun little cup with a crazy straw or even a sippy if that doesn’t seem too weird for you.

Idk how it makes your period stop exactly but generally your body probably decides if it has to ration out energy, reproduction isn’t as necessary right now. So it’s saving that fuel for your brain instead of your uterus, roughly.

Def take your iron pills. I’m sure they’re safe for your liver or they wouldn’t have been prescribed.

And don’t feel bad. For a while I had a hard time eating just due to anxiety and sometimes I wouldn’t want water either. Just keep finding creative ways to get nutrients and water. Try shakes, smoothies, ice cream. One kinda cool thing is you can’t go wrong. Treat yourself to your favorite things. This is one time when you can have soda or candy and call it a victory. I think once you focus on things you enjoy eating and drinking you might start to mend your view of food (it’s good not bad) and then transition back to a well-balanced diet.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Today I woke up with absolutely no desire to drink. It's now the evening, my boyfriend has convinced me to have maybe 200mls of water after a day of cycling and walking in the heat. I'm parched, but the thought of drinking scares me so much. I feel like I've eaten too much today and I need to make up for it by not drinking.

I desperately want to drink something, I need to drink something before I faint, and there's absolutely nothing on the internet about this! Does anyone have any advice on how I could convince myself to drink something? I've tried an ice cube but I ended up spitting it back out.
Many thanks 💕
are you drinking ? now

Warrior

Warrior

Thank you for checking in

I've not been coping particularly well but I've been managing to drink maybe 1-2 cups of water a day. My eating feels out of control- although I have anorexia, I also seem to binge to perpetuate any guilty feelings sometimes, if I feel like I've gone over my 'limit'. I've put on maybe 2kg in two days and it just makes me feel awful, especially when I then get praised for it by my boyfriend who so desperately wants me to recover.

My blood results came back and I have iron deficiency anemia. I have tablets that I need to take twice a day but I've thrown a few in the bin already because of my fear of damaging my liver (my uncle went into hospital a few years ago with a damaged liver from alcohol abuse, and his brother died from liver failure for the same reasons) and also because it's like a punishment for eating too much. Today is the dizziest I've ever felt :(
Hello Charliedragonfly, nice to hear you've ventured more with the water...I've got organ involvement on my liver and when needs be I've no choice but to drink water although I hate it but I have noticed it fills me up like food.

It will make you most feel bad adding those 2kg but don't think it's showing much on your body, when your being praised it's not because omg i'm getting fatter, they're pleased just seeing proper intake, which in your case is a good step forward.

Now please try and listen iron deficiency anemia is as hard as diabetes to control and you need to find out what form, the tablets you have for that is only to help keep your iron up (energy) nothing more and won't cause any organ involvement, as I've got Pernicious anaemia and need folic acid tablets on a daily basis besides B12 jabs...my organ involvement otherwise comes from my MCTD.

Your periods can stop altogether if you get to bad and that you don't want but at least your stepping in the right direction concerning a therapist.

If you can read this about your periods..sending :love: your way Abby xxx

Eating Disorders Can Prevent You From Getting Your Period

C

Charliedragonfly

Thank you for the advice and for the helpful information- I will definitely try my best to use it.

It's worth noting that there are 5 people inside my head as well, they're the ones that keep encouraging me to stop drinking and eating, or else they threaten they will cause me harm if I gain weight. I guess a positive would be that the main voice/person who is in control of me and everyone else encourages me to keep drinking and to take my tablets. I've been managing one a day (meant to be taking 2) which is an improvement from none at all...

I've been forcing myself to drink about two cups of water/diet coke a day.

Thank you again for all the help! :thanks:

Warrior

Warrior

Thank you for the advice and for the helpful information- I will definitely try my best to use it.

It's worth noting that there are 5 people inside my head as well, they're the ones that keep encouraging me to stop drinking and eating, or else they threaten they will cause me harm if I gain weight. I guess a positive would be that the main voice/person who is in control of me and everyone else encourages me to keep drinking and to take my tablets. I've been managing one a day (meant to be taking 2) which is an improvement from none at all...

I've been forcing myself to drink about two cups of water/diet coke a day.

Thank you again for all the help! :thanks:
Sorry I've not been on earlier to try and sorry about the different voices, mine only used to be two and the bad side always won.

Well at least your still doing a goal and it's better than nothing, at least your body and organs are still getting fluid :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Eating Disorders Forum 0
F Eating Disorders Forum 1