I can't deal with this

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I had 2 cats from kittens. One was a timid home girl, the other adventurous. Needless to say the adventurous one went walkabout one day and never came home. At the time I lived in a house that backed down on to a canal. Friends said they had seen her sleeping on peoples moored boats down there. I like to think that she had been doing that one day and the boat owners has untied and suddenly found themselves the owner of a 3 year old black cat.

The timid cat stayed with me, then happily adopted the man I married. And after my breakdown we we moved onto a narrowboat ourselves, she came with us and adapted to life on the boat very well. 18 months ago she died of heart failure, I was devastated.

Move on to 2 months ago, and my husband and I adopted a 3 year old dog (see avatar) and she has brought such love to us both.

Animals do bring us such joy, and I'll never forget either cat. The timid cat saved my life - she was the only reason I got out of bed some days - well she had to be fed. They leave a big hole in our lives when they leave us, but I have to remember that both cats gave us alot of pleasure. We just have to hold onto the memories of the good times.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

yeah the problem with my boy though was he had exactly zero sense of danger and multiple times nearly got himself killed due to his inability to recognise dangers :sorry:

like one time he decided to go fight with a fox(!) another time he tried to get next door's dog to fight with him (the dog luckily never touched him, it was a massive husky), he fought with rats, other cats, the bin lorry, cars, you name it if it wasn't a human he wanted to attack it :sorry: humans he was a complete soppy lovebug with, even the vet he would insist on snuggling up to :love: