• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I can't cry

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
I have been treated for recurrent depression now for the last couple of years and am on anti depressants and lithium.
I find that I am totally unable to cry despite feeling very low and frustrated and suicidal thoughts.
Does anyone else experience this?

keepsafe

keepsafe

I was like it on respiridone it made me so flat - I didn;t function properly.

Hope you are doing ok??
KS
:hug:

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
It makes me feel abnormal not to be able to cry. I've been told in therapy that I'm not letting myself cry which I don't understand because its something I can't help.Its like being frozen.

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi KP - good to see you here again. Do you think it's the meds combination that stops you crying? I was pretty unemotional on fluoxetine; this year though I've cried almost every day (getting better now though). Perhaps it is also a way of keeping control subconsciously by not letting those feelings out through fear of what that would do to you? I hope that your therapist is giving you as much time as you need. Take care :hug:

K

Kate31

me too

Hi

since being on venlafaxine/quetiepine i haven't been able to cry either- even in itu watching the machines switched off and my nan dying, my whole family were in tears and i felt sooo guilty because i couldn't cry at all.

my psych said it's def the meds combination and if i was off them i'd be sectioned so am just trying to accept that i need to stay on a relatively even keel to stay well....