• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I cannot go on. Reasons to live?

L

L1F3SUCK5

I’m so fed up, my depression has gone on for too long now. Nothing is getting better and I feel like I’m crying out for help so much and no one is listening. Since the pandemic all my mental illnesses have got worse, I’m so sick of them! I’m trying everything my mental health team are saying but it’s not helping.

Due to Covid, my group therapy is postponed until further notice, so it’s anyone’s guess as to when that’ll start. This lockdown is also making matters worse too and it’s also anyone’s guess as to when it’ll be eased.

There’s only one way out, and one way that this will all go away, and I’m considering it. I don’t want to die but I guess this is the only way. Idek.

S

Sugaree

So sorry to hear that your depression is dragging on. I understand that feeling of just wanting to feel alive inside. It will go away,even if it’s only a day or so. Covid has brought out some of my darkest days. Lately I have been battling anxiety. My meds barely help and my blood pressure goes way up. I keep wondering when was the last time I felt normal. Just one boring regular day would be nice. I hope you have a little relief from depression tomorrow. Please hang in there and I will try to find some moments of peace as well.

C

celticlass

Yes it has been really difficult to get through the last year with mental wellness. I get annoyed that I cannot have regular appointments with my GP. I am 63 and I am at risk of developing osteoporosis. I need a scan for that. My next face to face with a Neurologist is now 6 months overdue etc. These are physical issues which are affecting my mental health too. So no it is far from easy. Can you tell us about the kind of day to day issues you have to deal with so we can maybe help with some direction to try to help you? The one thing that strikes me may help you is for you to link in with advocacy to help you liaise with mental health team and be properly heard xx

toutatis

toutatis

Yes depression is super tough all right. I feel for you, friend. My advice is to persevere against the odds, cheat death, keep doing self care activities to alleviate and cope through the suffering and believe things can only get better and eventually happier feelings will begin to return. That's what I did and I did in fact, slowly but surely, start to improve. 🙏

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm sorry you're feeling so low, I hope things improve for you soon. It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Blooming

Blooming

I can understand you! This has been a terrible year, but at least the vaccine is on the way ... I once sat myself up for a real-time meeting with the depression and bipolar alliance online. It was a help even if I am not bipolar. I will try it again if I become desperate and cannot see the way out. The only thing you have to do is to convert their time to Greenwich time. Remember the time we are in now will not last for ever ...

Online Support Groups - Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (dbsalliance.org)

L

L1F3SUCK5

So sorry to hear that your depression is dragging on. I understand that feeling of just wanting to feel alive inside. It will go away,even if it’s only a day or so. Covid has brought out some of my darkest days. Lately I have been battling anxiety. My meds barely help and my blood pressure goes way up. I keep wondering when was the last time I felt normal. Just one boring regular day would be nice. I hope you have a little relief from depression tomorrow. Please hang in there and I will try to find some moments of peace as well.
Sorry to hear you are struggling too, I hope you feel better soon.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I’m so fed up, my depression has gone on for too long now. Nothing is getting better and I feel like I’m crying out for help so much and no one is listening. Since the pandemic all my mental illnesses have got worse, I’m so sick of them! I’m trying everything my mental health team are saying but it’s not helping.

Due to Covid, my group therapy is postponed until further notice, so it’s anyone’s guess as to when that’ll start. This lockdown is also making matters worse too and it’s also anyone’s guess as to when it’ll be eased.

There’s only one way out, and one way that this will all go away, and I’m considering it. I don’t want to die but I guess this is the only way. Idek.
The best reason for going on is that this pandemic will eventually end-probably this summer or fall. In the meantime, we just have to hunker down and help encourage each other during this challenge. It's not easy, but we're all in it together, FWIW.

Things WILL get better, that is a promise. Don't make the mistaken assumption this will go on for years and years, it won't.

L

L1F3SUCK5

Yes it has been really difficult to get through the last year with mental wellness. I get annoyed that I cannot have regular appointments with my GP. I am 63 and I am at risk of developing osteoporosis. I need a scan for that. My next face to face with a Neurologist is now 6 months overdue etc. These are physical issues which are affecting my mental health too. So no it is far from easy. Can you tell us about the kind of day to day issues you have to deal with so we can maybe help with some direction to try to help you? The one thing that strikes me may help you is for you to link in with advocacy to help you liaise with mental health team and be properly heard xx
Really sorry to hear that, covid really is affecting everything.
Yes, my GP won’t really see anyone at the moment either and I can only speak to my mental health team over the phone which I hate as I struggle with being able to tell them exactly how I feel over the phone.I too have physical issues that affect my mental health.
I struggle with motivation and energy, I barely leave my house due to anxiety (I know we’re not supposed to anyway), I feel like maybe if I was able to go for a walk it could possibly help a little but I can’t even do that. I have an eating disorder so I feel a lot of anxiety around eating and when I do eat I feel so guilty. Since the pandemic started my OCD has gotten increasingly worse and I can’t control it.
All these issues are contributing to making my depression worse and I just want it all to end, to just go away

T

treasurebox

Know that this pandemic is not permanent as well as what you are feeling or thinking. There will be better days for you.

Know that things will get better for you because you were created to be happy. Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music helps.

Do what you love doing or what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, doinh arts and crafts, carpentry, gardening?Whatever it is do it for it will make you happy and fulfilled.

E

EclipticNight

A long time ago i heard a story, no idea if its true but it applies to trying anything including trying to get better.

Ben Franklin was once asked if he would give up on trying to invent the lightbulb. He replied "ive figured out 10,000 ways to not invent a lightbulb, i only need one to succeed "

You have not gotten better yet, you know what wont make you get better but you only need one to work. If you give in to soon you will never find the solution.

Covid is hard. Im not sure if everyone realizes that covid will be tought a hundred years from now, it will be in history books along side the spanish flu, black death and scarlett fevor. We are enduring a world changing event, like the fall of rome or or the world wars. Try to remember just how significant it is and give yourself credit.

J

JeanPierre

A long time ago i heard a story, no idea if its true but it applies to trying anything including trying to get better.

Ben Franklin was once asked if he would give up on trying to invent the lightbulb. He replied "ive figured out 10,000 ways to not invent a lightbulb, i only need one to succeed "

You have not gotten better yet, you know what wont make you get better but you only need one to work. If you give in to soon you will never find the solution.

Covid is hard. Im not sure if everyone realizes that covid will be tought a hundred years from now, it will be in history books along side the spanish flu, black death and scarlett fevor. We are enduring a world changing event, like the fall of rome or or the world wars. Try to remember just how significant it is and give yourself credit.
***Thomas Edison
(Not to be a jerk; just in the interest of history)

L

L1F3SUCK5

Know that this pandemic is not permanent as well as what you are feeling or thinking. There will be better days for you.

Know that things will get better for you because you were created to be happy. Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.

Listen to uplifting and encouraging songs on youtube. Music helps.

Do what you love doing or what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, doinh arts and crafts, carpentry, gardening?Whatever it is do it for it will make you happy and fulfilled.
Thank you for your advice.
But what happens if you aren’t able to choose happiness, like because your depression is caused by an imbalance of chemicals and there’s not just one thing causing it?

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I think you meant Thomas Edison and not Benjamin Franklin. I'm glad you made the mistake, though, because it put a smile on my face. :)