• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I can’t tell anymore if it’s HOCD or denial. I’m so confused and just want to be myself again.

L

Lina123

Hi. I’ve had OCD for many many years. It started when I was 12 and a half. It started with the fear of death and then it moved on to harm ocd incest ocd then ocd schizophrenia ocd etc etc. And last year in June it went into a new theme. Homosexual OCD. It all started with seeing 2 main characters in a character kiss. I felt arousal but it felt wrong and it wasn’t me? But the arousal made me question ‘am I gay or am I bisexual?’
And that’s when the terror started. There has been not one day since then that I haven’t thought of these thoughts. And I’ve been suffering so much. I had to check over and over if I’m attracted to men and I departed myself from my female friends and decided to look down from them on, as seeing a girls chest or face made me think I am attracted to them. Previous to June I had always been straight. Always attracted to boys and always loved them. I couldn’t ever imagine being with a girl. Ever. Sure I had questioned myself, I think many have but I always came to the conclusion that I am straight. But I couldn’t handle it after June.The HOCD removed my concentration, I had to keep checking to confirm I’m straight. I dunno how but eventually I realised I am attracted to men. But.. what if I was to both genders? So then I stopped checking whether I’m aroused with men and checked if I’m not with women. It worked mostly, sometimes I got a tingly feeling down there and I thought wait so I do like being with a woman? But then I said no I’m straight. I kept searching on the internet, wanting answers. And then one day I broke down. I couldn’t take it at all. So I decided to do self ERP and made myself think of the thoughts and put myself in situations I didn’t want to be in just in case I would show arousal which would show I’m attracted to women. And I realised I didn’t like women at all. I realised I really loved them and cared for them like sisters and my aunts and mother etc but I would never ever want to be sexually close to them ever. Now I wanted to check whether I was romantically attracted to them and concluded no.Just like before I realised I wasn’t. I’d want to have close friends that were girls and nothing else. I would kill myself if I was a differnt sexual orientation and I was severely scared I was losing the person I was.
everything was not great but better now. Whenever I had the thoughts I came to that conclusion that I’m still straight and now it’s HOCD. Then on the bus, I had a thought of a girl doing something sexual to me. I felt arousal but I felt no anxiety and that’s when it went to the wrong direction. I felt arousal and no disgust (probably after a years worth of over thinking and desensitisation and the mini ERP therapy I did)
And thought wait so I like being with a woman? Why am I not repulsed? Why am I not disgusted? Where’s the anxiety gone? I’m sick and tired. I don’t know if it’s the OCD now or that I’m in denial. Ppl say you are in denial if you enjoyed it. I had no anxiety, I didn’t have anything to tell me that it was horrid this time around and now I think I am bisexual. I’m so sad I’m so tearful. I’m so tired. I really have an urge to think of the same scene of me with the woman again, to see if I did like it. The thing is, I can have these thoughts without anxiety and that was the only thing that would show I’m straight. Please can anyone help?

2Much2Feel

Hi Lina. I'm sorry you're going through all this. I'd suggest connecting w Haribo. She too is going through this, maybe you guys can relate.

I hope you find it helpful in this forum. A lot of people can relate, and don''t judge.

E

Elle59

Hi Lina,
Dealing with OCD right now.
If you want to talk i'm here

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Please tell me if the deal counts. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E Please tell me it's not true Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 19
D I can't tell if my fears are rational or not right now Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
J Can someone help me tell me if I have ocd or what it is Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
F Please tell me I still just have OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T Do I have OCD? Can you tell me? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
I Hocd, please tell me I will get through this Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Don't know if I should tell my psychiatric nurse that I think I have OCD. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D How do you tell your story without melting? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Having difficulty to tell psychologist that I may have OCD. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
N How can you tell if someone has harm OCD or if they are geuinlly homicidal? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Please tell me im not alone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
H Worried mom, How to tell to my 9 year old son that he has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
delboy How / if to tell Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
S Tell me I have ROCD or GAD, etc Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Severe magical thinking, can’t function anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T I don’t want to be me anymore (HOCD) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
E I do not know what to believe anymore! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K I feel exhausted, i don't want to fight OCD anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
R THE POST IS VERY LONG BUT PLZ READ. IS THIS REALLY ROCD. WHAT DO I DO. SUDDEN URGES TO LEAVE, UNATTRACTIVE BOYFRIEND, NOT ANXIOUS ANYMORE? I'M DOOMED Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
I Do I have rOCD or just don't love her anymore? HELP ME PLEASE! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
B Help please I can’t stand this anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T Ocd not Scared Anymore Why Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Leslie(notmyrealname) Can't live like this anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 50
J Don't know what is real anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Y I really need some help please, I can't handle this anymore my life is a mess Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
W Please help, I cant cope anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R i dont know whats real anymore, obsessions Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
P Can't cope anymore Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
J Hocd and trigger Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
L HOCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
T Please help me, my brain hates me (HOCD) [NSFW] Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
P HOCD/Denial to a friend ? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T HOCD dream and basically my whole HOCD tmi (long but I’m begging please read) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
T Cringing but groinal response from HOCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
T HOCD my long and difficult battle with “futa” please help (long read sorry) *NSFW* Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A HOCD/SO-OCD is ruining my life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
H HOCD - but I'm worried I'm straight Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
A HOCD taking over my life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T A half false memory I have that’s making me more confused HOCD (need help) *NSFW* Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
T This video won’t stop triggering me and I don’t know what to do (HOCD) *NSFW* Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
T Please help, how do I get over this (HOCD) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
T I am in so much pain (HOCD) *NSFW* Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L HOCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
ZaraHOCD Repression to Homosexuality or HOCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
ZaraHOCD Triggering HOCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T My friend is holding me back from recovery (HOCD) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
ZaraHOCD Anxiety for HOCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
ZaraHOCD Denial...?(HOCD) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
T HOCD or denial Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3