• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

I can’t stop self harming

M

Makaveli912

Hi ,my name is Taylor and I’m 21. I’ve had quite bad depression since I was 17 and I started self harming just after my 18th birthday and I can’t stop and I don’t know why. Some days I wake up and I feel fine and then a week later I get suicidal thoughts again and it’s just a continuous circle that never ends, I’m just afraid that one day I will chose to end my life

O

Orangeade

Hi ,my name is Taylor and I’m 21. I’ve had quite bad depression since I was 17 and I started self harming just after my 18th birthday and I can’t stop and I don’t know why. Some days I wake up and I feel fine and then a week later I get suicidal thoughts again and it’s just a continuous circle that never ends, I’m just afraid that one day I will chose to end my life
Hi Taylor welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing! Have you spoken with a doctor about how you’re feeling?

Manicotti

Manicotti

I'm sorry you are feeling so badly. I feel stuck in that same cycle too. I don't self harm very much, but the suicidal thoughts just keep coming back around.

Are you currently afraid you are going to hurt yourself?

F

Fairy Rapunzel

Hello. I'm very sorry you're going through all of this. It's tough when it comes to quitting self harm. There were times when I went months without self harming and then ended up feeling depressed, sometimes even suicidal, again. It's not easy. These days I'm doing better. What's important is having the right kind of people supporting you. Family, friends, doctors, therapists. Please don't hurt yourself. It really isn't easy, but when I used to feel terrible I would distract myself by watching a new show or playing video games. Listening to uplifting music or watching positive videos also helps. It wasn't solving all my problems but at least I could try my best to think about something else instead of self harming. I hope you feel better soon and I'm hoping the best for you.

M

Makaveli912

@Orangeade Went to the doctor’s last year and they put me on anti depressants but I ended feeling even worse so I had to stop taking them

M

Makaveli912

@Manicotti I plan almost everyday but never truly follow through because of my little brother, the horror of him finding out that I’m dead just heartbreaking

B

BeanThere

Self Harm is one of the worst. We all do it … coffee, for example, but serious self harm is a worry. Something can be done though, a detox of sorts. Message me.