• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I can’t go out

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I feel like I can’t leave my house. My anxiety is just too much. I have panic attacks on the thought of going to supermarket. I just want to curl up in a ball and never wake up

C

Constantin5

Okay, you can't leave the house at the moment, not even for shopping because of your panic attacks and anxiety. And your so desperate that you don't want to wake up anymore.

But maybe it's an achievement that you are still able to post in this forum at least. You're a valuable being and it's important that you fight for yourself. Give yourself time, take small steps.

Can you still remember, that life can feel different?

C

CarlaNorford

With the whole lockdown situation going on, it's rather common for people's anxiety issues to amp in a crazy way. Mine too, honestly, can't say that I'm dealing too well with the situation. But be strong, you will make it, everything's going to be ok. As long as you hold on tight, nothing will knock you down. If you are too scared of the whole situation and can't cope with your anxiety, ask for someone's help who is in your area to bring you essentials, food, whatever you need. People can be quite receptive if you just reach out.

kyloren

kyloren

ive been the same way for over a year but the quarantine just makes it even worse. have you still been maintaining a job? sorry to hear you're struggling with this

K

Kmw

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No. My job is on hold until we lift off level 4 and I’m really struggling today. But thanks for replying. It’s just the worst feeling that won’t go away.

K

karl7

I feel like I can’t leave my house. My anxiety is just too much. I have panic attacks on the thought of going to supermarket. I just want to curl up in a ball and never wake up
im sorry youre having such a tough time. I relate. I have social anxiety. Just to let you know there is another site that mayhelp u.....heres the link socialanxietysupport

B

bilbox

I try not to go to the big shops just the little ones as it can be a pain going to the supermarkets at the moment Maybe if you can reach out to a neighbour or friend to do some shopping for you if your unable to go

S

Skiddaw

I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy Kmw. It's really difficult right now, and the constant plea to stay in, don't go out, don't mix, avoid etc etc is almost feeding our social anxiety. That's the way it feels to me, I'm certainly feeling a lot worse since full lockdown was announced. I still go out to work 3 days a week because I'm a key worker but I'm finding it even harder than usual to talk to my colleagues. The trick is to go out for your exercise or shopping and be prepared to feel absolutely anything. Let it all come. The physical feelings, the emotional feelings, the panic, the need to rush back home again. Just stay with it and be prepared to feel everything as you make your way forward.Easy to say but difficult to achieve. I know. I face this every day. Stick with it, it will get better. Can I recommend any YouTube videos by David Daish? I think you may find them helpful Kmw. Take care.

toutatis

toutatis

You're not alone in those feelings, Kmw. You're not alone in those feelings. Believe me.

D

depressed_person18

Hey buddy, how you feeling today? I struggle with the same thing. The thought of leaving the house by myself is very intimidating... so just know that you are definitely not alone. I have realised that the only thing we can really do, and I am still working up to this myself, is force ourselves to do these things so that when they are done, we can thank ourselves for doing it and be proud of what we were able to accomplish.

A

Atreyu

I have such severe social phobia that I avoid almost everything and it's ruining my life :/

I

IrishSonofOdin

I'm in the same boat. I have a medical condition that makes wearing a mask dangerous. I already have a hard time forcing myself to get things done, but now having to deal with the people that are mad that I'm not wearing a mask. I beginning to wonder if food is that important.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Social Anxiety Forum 2
Y Social Anxiety Forum 5