• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

i can’t find anyone who i can talk to or relate to

A

alkf1111

recently, particularly today, i have felt like no one understands me at all. i’m rly close with my mum amd we usually always confide in each other but sometimes i feel like she is judging me (even tho i’m sure she’s not).

just over a year ago my dad died to cancer when i was 17. at the time i was isolating myself from friends and missing so many days amd weeks of school that i had to move down a year. luckily i had managed to strengthen friendships before moving down so i could still hang out with my friends at break, lunch and free periods. however due to covid i have been completely isolated from them. i now don’t see them at all because of lockdown-can’t meet up. i now just hang by myself in the art block all day not talking to anyone but the teachers.

because i’ve been feeling so so depressed i reached out to a friend of mine who also lost her dad to cancer around the same time my dad died. i can really relate to her and we often feel the same way about things but recently she hasn’t been to well (mentally) at all, so i have no one whatsoever to talk to.

sorry this is such a long msg but i was wondering does anyone else feel like no one in the whole world gets them and they’re just so alone.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello alkf. Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you lost your dad. I can totally understand you feeling depressed. I too have always felt odd and like nobody could relate to me. You will find like minded people on here.

N

Nanook2020

I feel your pain. I lost my mom and now I feel I have nobody to talk to that won't judge me. I am older than you as I have a daughter and a husband but if I get upset about something they get all freaked out and act like I am having an "episode". It's like I'm not allowed to have feelings.

If I get excited about something and start talking fast and excited they watch me like a hawk or if I'm on the phone with one of them they call eachother "is she manic". If I get upset about something I'm made to feel like I'm not allowed to feel that way or I'm being mean. If I stand up for myself I'm made to and told I'm being mean.

Sorry this was soo long but this is my first time here and you touched me, feel the same. My husband works out of town, I lost all my friends when my mom died and my dog died January 2,2020.
You aren't alone 🌻

dontknowwhattodowithoutyou

dontknowwhattodowithoutyou

recently, particularly today, i have felt like no one understands me at all. i’m rly close with my mum amd we usually always confide in each other but sometimes i feel like she is judging me (even tho i’m sure she’s not).

just over a year ago my dad died to cancer when i was 17. at the time i was isolating myself from friends and missing so many days amd weeks of school that i had to move down a year. luckily i had managed to strengthen friendships before moving down so i could still hang out with my friends at break, lunch and free periods. however due to covid i have been completely isolated from them. i now don’t see them at all because of lockdown-can’t meet up. i now just hang by myself in the art block all day not talking to anyone but the teachers.

because i’ve been feeling so so depressed i reached out to a friend of mine who also lost her dad to cancer around the same time my dad died. i can really relate to her and we often feel the same way about things but recently she hasn’t been to well (mentally) at all, so i have no one whatsoever to talk to.

sorry this is such a long msg but i was wondering does anyone else feel like no one in the whole world gets them and they’re just so alone.
Hey, welcome!

Do you currently have a therapist? My therapist helped me so much in the darkest times of my life and was the first person to give me the feeling of being understood.

Otherwise you could also call a hotline for psychological help in your country. Sometimes people just call them to get things off their chests. These people are very professional and go through lots of trainings.

You could also try to talk to people on the forum! There are many international people on here, I'm sure there will be people relating to your situation.

I don't know in what state of mind your friend is at the moment, but I have some very close friends also suffering a lot because of the corona virus crisis. And yet we still manage to lift each other's moods, even if we are all not in the highest spirits.

Would you be willing to address this with your mother? Maybe you could tell her that you feel judged and simply explain why.

N

Nina24

[QUOTE="alkf1111,
"recently, particularly today, i have felt like no one understands me at all."

Why today particularly, has something happened or is there an anniversary?

"i’m rly close with my mum amd we usually always confide in each other but sometimes i feel like she is judging me"

Is there a reason why you feel she is judging you? As a mum myself I know she probably isn't judging you, she may just be having a bad day. Remember she is grieving too.

"just over a year ago my dad died to cancer when i was 17. at the time i was isolating myself from friends and missing so many days amd weeks of school that i had to move down a year."

I am so sorry for your loss - I mean that truly, (I lost my dad just before I turned 4yrs).
Have your friends finished exams, gone off to uni?

"however due to covid i have been completely isolated from them. i now don’t see them at all because of lockdown-can’t meet up."

Is it possible to video chat (sorry I'm old).

"i now just hang by myself in the art block all day not talking to anyone but the teachers."

Is there a teacher you can talk to about how you are feeling? They should be able to put you in contact with a counsellor.

"i’ve been feeling so so depressed i reached out to a friend of mine who also lost her dad to cancer around the same time my dad died. i can really relate to her and we often feel the same way about things but recently she hasn’t been to well (mentally) at all, so i have no one whatsoever to talk to."

You have reached out to us here, but I really think you need specific bereavement counselling.
You have done so well for so long but you shouldn't have to do this alone. Please speak to your doctor, teacher, samaritans, Google bereavement counselling. You deserve you get through this and with professional help you will.

"sorry this is such a long msg but i was wondering does anyone else feel like no one in the whole world gets them and they’re just so alone."

Never ever be sorry and yes its called depression. I wish I could wave a wand and heal you.
I wish you the best and please keep us updated.
Sending much love x
[/QUOTE]

J

Jono

Hello Alfk you can talk to me if you like , I’m a bit older than you but glad to help if I can :peace: