• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I can’t cope with people letting me down

B

BPD99

I can't either, it feels like the end of the world, especially if it's my fp. I guess the only thing that helps me is to realize that maybe they had another reason to let me down that has nothing to do with me. That they are going through something else maybe.
I agree, that does help me too sometimes. Can I ask what fp means please?

B

BPD99

Thank you to all you lovely people who have replied to me. I’m so grateful.

2Much2Feel

But people do let us

It’s all just too confusing hey. I always pick stuff apart to work out what went wrong and then always believe it must have been my fault. Do you do that too? It’s just too hard!
All the damn time. Just wish I wouldn't overthink every single thing said or done. It's crazy. And I'm usually wrong, to top it off (lol).

T E_90

T E_90

Sorry you are suffering.
I guess it depends on whether the person is important and therefore has a weight in your life.
In this case, I can't stand it either, (in my case I was dumped in my first and last important relationship) and from that on I became indifferent to being alone, almost okay with it.

But I get revengeful and very angry at that person,(at the point to change my life) which can be very hard to live with.
The fear of being rejected, and being alone, scares everyone a little, I think it's inherent in human nature.

F

flower24

i understand what you mean but to be honest im use to it now only time i get upset is if i stupidly allow someone to listen to my feels or thoughts and then i get let down but im getting better at not making that mistake