• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

I can’t cope with people letting me down

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Yes. But I also feel I need more resilience. I hear you pain.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I am. I guess I’m starting to reach the forgiveness stage where I believe it isn’t about being let down. Its about allowing yourself to let go of the pain. For me that means to strengthen my resiliency. And reduce my response to pain.

I hope you will be okay too. 🤗

B

BPD99

I’m spiralling, I want to hide from everyone 😢

D

dewey

Can anyone relate???
Yeah I can't cope with people letting me down, but I also can't cope with myself letting other people down to be honest. Like guilt destroys me.

If you especially care about that person and are really close with them, it makes it even more difficult to cope with them letting you down, because it feels like the end of the world.

But people do let us down and we let others down too and we have to cope with it somehow. :(

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Yeah I can't cope with people letting me down, but I also can't cope with myself letting other people down to be honest. Like guilt destroys me.

If you especially care about that person and are really close with them, it makes it even more difficult to cope with them letting you down, because it feels like the end of the world.

But people do let us down and we let others down too and we have to cope with it somehow. :(
Well said. I need to cope with how I do it to others as well. I need to be someone who doesn’t let others down either.

2Much2Feel

Yes, v much so. I am afraid any time I start any type of friendship or relationship, just fear of what will happen since I take it so badly, but also tired of being alone.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Yes, v much so. I am afraid any time I start any type of friendship or relationship, just fear of what will happen since I take it so badly, but also tired of being alone.
Yup. Thats me too. I’m not a reliable friend. I will at some point isolate from people. I don’t know how to be alone or with people.

AppleJacks99

AppleJacks99

Can anyone relate???
Yes, and can't cope when I let other people down. I guess we just have to realize it's a part of life, and we have to communicate with people better instead of internalizing everything.

O

OntheBorderline

I can't either, it feels like the end of the world, especially if it's my fp. I guess the only thing that helps me is to realize that maybe they had another reason to let me down that has nothing to do with me. That they are going through something else maybe.

B

BPD99

But people do let us
It’s all just too confusing hey. I always pick stuff apart to work out what went wrong and then always believe it must have been my fault. Do you do that too? It’s just too hard!

B

BPD99

Yes, and can't cope when I let other people down. I guess we just have to realize it's a part of life, and we have to communicate with people better instead of internalizing everything.
Communicating is a very good point. I need to do it but I think if I tell people my real feelings they will just abandon me. But I will try as I think it’s good advice.