• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

I blame my parents and myself for living this way.

frisas45

frisas45

I'm 28. About to turn 29 next month. Also about to turn 30 next year, obviously...

And yet I didn't find a single fuckin' job. I still live with my parents. And if I get a job, so what? I can't keep up with the expenses. High taxes, medical fees, and bills plague the world economy. If I tried to ask for help on Reddit, these farts tell me to "own up to it", and bitch about how true it is. No solution.

I live in South Korea because my parents pulled me here. No choice to obey if I want to survive. Can't be homeless. And Korea's even worse. People are struggling to get a job. They have excruciatingly high requirements that is hard for me to catch up.

But sometimes, I think... maybe worked harder and acted smarter, I would've succeeded.

Especially when I was back in the States.

Instead of relying on my parents for expenses, I should've ran away. I should've got a part-time job to pay off my expenses.

But here was the issue. I suffer from bipolar disorder and extreme stress can drive to insanity, leading me to extreme rage. Juggling between work and school can raise up high stress. Imagine working hours and hours and you have to put quality. Imagine you have to do your assignments and put quality time on this crap. Time flies by, and my work progress slows. There's not enough time, and I'm tired. But if I don't do this well, I'll have to worry about school expenses. That is a tremendous amount of stress. Couldn't handle this shit. Had to rely on my parents to financial issues. But they had enough of the American life and dragged my ass here. Now what?

It's a folly to commence such a shit here in Korea. Like I said, the job market is fierce. I wouldn't stand a chance!
I can't go back to the States. High expenses plague the whole nation, especially with Trump's incompetence. He's not doing a thing about affordable healthcare. Nor lowering down rent and housing fees. But if I knew how do deal with the enormous stress, I would've lived in the States with success.

It's dreadful living with my parents. Just read here: This piece of music reminds of the pain I went through...

And don't get me started about my father. He to has serious issues that give me a headache...

frisas45

frisas45

I'm not saying my parents are horrible. They are wonderful. However, their parenting methods are unhealthy.

G

goodgollymiss

Have you thought about going to school to be a day care attendant

frisas45

frisas45

Have you thought about going to school to be a day care attendant
No, but I can teach English in South Korea. It's lucrative. Although many people say this is also competitive, my cousin recommends it. I could make tons of cash. Hope I could get employed...

G

goodgollymiss

I hear that it's awesome!

Mrs Tiggywinkle

Mrs Tiggywinkle

Just a thought, do you have any friends or family back in the states that you could stay with? ..I’m just thinking of you? I do understand you have your mum to care for though? This may be a silly idea, but are you more likely to find a job in the US than in South Korea for you as it seems an impossible situation for you where you are now? Does your dad have a job in South Korea? I take it that he is paying for you all? Sorry if I’m not helping :hug:

frisas45

frisas45

Just a thought, do you have any friends or family back in the states that you could stay with? ..I’m just thinking of you? I do understand you have your mum to care for though? This may be a silly idea, but are you more likely to find a job in the US than in South Korea for you as it seems an impossible situation for you where you are now? Does your dad have a job in South Korea? I take it that he is paying for you all? Sorry if I’m not helping :hug:
He has a job with a decent pay. But I need to get back on to my feet on my own... :( I have no friends who could help me in the States, nor have family members.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
You could teach English to those with less money to pay for a professional service. Here, we might put an advert on a notice board in the library or local shop.

I CAN TEACH YOU ENGLISH FOR A SMALL FEE

DISCOUNTED TEACHER OF ENGLISH

Your office could be a walk in the park. Conversational english. A nicer way to learn for people and a little extra money for you.

Living with parents is hard. They are all failures really i think. We have to be sympathetic of their faults and appreciate their good qualities. Hopefully more good than bad, otherwise i wouldn't stick around.

You have an illness and so need their help. Maybe one day things will change. Make the best of what you have and get out as much as you can so you are not with them all day long. It is hard to keep busy and active when not working.

G

goodgollymiss

Wonder if the government there has free programs for immigrants. Like korean language

G

goodgollymiss

In canada, we have a free job center that gives free english lessons and free lessons to be a cook

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NyxieKitten Bipolar Forum 3