• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

"I believe you"- Openess in explanations of voice hearing.

R

Ricky B

I guess there are different explanations for hearing voices (ranging from chemical imbalances in the brain, to wire tapping by the CIA!, bad experiences in childhood or even the voices of angels and demons).

I guess what's even more important, though, is that we communicate with each other and try to see other people's views of why they hear voices. We need to say: 'I believe you. I believe what you're saying' rather than saying voices are delusions and false.

If we believe people, and take their voices and views into consideration, then it's more open and gives us a more human account of voice hearing.

God bless!

R

rabina

Re: "I believe you"- Openess in explanations of voice hearing.

I guess there are different explanations for hearing voices (ranging from chemical imbalances in the brain, to wire tapping by the CIA!, bad experiences in childhood or even the voices of angels and demons).

I guess what's even more important, though, is that we communicate with each other and try to see other people's views of why they hear voices. We need to say: 'I believe you. I believe what you're saying' rather than saying voices are delusions and false.

If we believe people, and take their voices and views into consideration, then it's more open and gives us a more human account of voice hearing.

God bless!

Ricky B,

I couldn't agree more.

Communication and honesty are vital.

rabina

R

Ricky B

Hi Rabina,

Yes, honesty and trust are pretty important.

I've had to lie a lot in the past few years, down playing my symptoms and voices to keep out of hospital.

Ricky B

T

terri

Yes Wicky Woo and Wabina

It's a very difficult subject to not ignore so I guess I'll not, and I am not called a cowardy custard not for nothing and that's just because I am not too scared of John at the moment, but should he ever find out I have beenb untrue and disloyal by writing all those posts about him he would go apeship as we say around here, which means extremely angry, so I value my teeth far too much, not like my ma who kept hers in a jar at the side of the bed, and would not let me play chatter chatter with them very often, not like our Wendy who let me play with her artificial one and put lipstick on it, as a mouth and a pair of eyes, with a colouring pensil and a nose drawn like a carrot, not unlike pinnochio, and as I was saying, it's not unlike Bridigit Jones over here, because I've got my big knickers ready for putting on my head when I go for a laze in the jacuzzi tomorrow to see who will be the first to take me off to the mental suite, down in diesel place, so I'd best not go there, for the smell of the ships bottom makes me feel rather not sickly though not too nice, oh, and anyway I am off to Lisbo tomorrow at Portugal and then off for a chinese night, as I said before, at the risk of repeating myself, not unlike our Suz cos I am not really bawling my eyes out, because she got the best and I got the wost and I was not half not everso jealous not like snuffing and wouldn't she have thought it marvelous I got myself off those tablets and got back to what I always was, and got myself right and got myself over that not nice kinda breakdown, which the doctor's said I would never recover from, well one doctor anyway, and that I'd got to forever take those tablets, and what support I got, roll eyes, from that rather beautiful and not half as famous as I am not half not going to be and wouldn't she have been the jealous one so I do not guess she is safely out the way over the otherside, I just know her are, so for God's sake don't forget, you must know how to keep a secret otherwise I would not do suicide any longer, though I would get a lot of pain and ache in a not nice place, like what's it called now, oh yes, it's called my heart and while I am on about it, guess what I saw when I was in London at the Haymarket, not once, thogh twice, and they were not half not swinging from the chandalier, not like us are going to do one day in the not too far distant future me and my beloved because I'm on the lookout for a really true mloke and his name's not Carl now and it's not SirVivior either and it's not no one, because no one wants a girl with not now Schizophrenia so how about I ditch all chaps off this planet and go and get myself a nice girl friend instead and turn myself not into a lesbian but get myself a chum to come cruising with so I don't have to pay top wack for a not nice single cabin and get myself lost all the while, and end up walking and talking in not nice languages and getting short tongued and mixed up and end up bawling my eyes out, not like some, not like our Suze who went off with the ol' husband and did lots and lots of not now mind eyes and lots and lots of not half tantric and lots and lots of not now rumpy pumpy because she has toddled of into the not great unknown, so her was very naughty getting her hands on someone's todger while I had my back turned, and now I just about forgive her for trying to cock up my entire universe and home as well and for trying to destroy my beautiful vivid and extremely intelligent imagination.

Hey up, they are sitting having dinner and I was so carried away, I am in trouble again, but it was important and needed to be said, and her what was involved was involved with him what come and sed I'd got to go for dinner with not a lot of bad vibes, roll eyes

ta ta for now

Werry Berry Cherry, I aint lost it again and nor shall I

T

terri

Now Where Are You

There's a tiny house
By a tiny stream
Where a lovely lad
Had a lovely dream

and that dream came true, quite unexpectedly, in Gwilliegwillieosonpeppercostanova by the sea e e e e e

And Roses are Redish
Violets are Blueish
If it wont for Christmas
We would all be Jewish, so that's it, Christmas don't exist any more.
So that's why we are all Jewish. And when I was a kid muslim was something you wrapped bread in and wine was something out of a pop bottle, not named water from the spring of life not for nothing. Get it?!

So that was all. Narmen

Oporto tomorrow, late arrival, what again!!!!! Not Lisbon, don't we all make mistakes sometimes, somehow, somewhere, I feel a new day is comin...........

Time to say no surprise, tra la la la la la la la la la

Isn't lub painful, not around here these days, go get chicken no longer or I'm off with a Gale, no no longer. I have her picture, my future travelling companion and we are not half wich now, her a mewwy ridow and me a hard working lass, go on, gizzus mi job back, not unlike the geezer from the boys from the blackstuff. He has lots of breakdowns, not like me here.

Now I do not go on, nervous breakdown time, for a certain person not a million miles away from here, and it's not me or Gale, so watch out for winds whistling through the portholes, and no cabin vacancy left any longer.

Good night

Cherry not already gone, and no working on it.

R

Ricky B

Hi Terry Werry Berry,

See, I knew you could write poetry, with an imagination and wit like yours.

All my Wicky Woo compliments :))

Ricky B

Returncc

Returncc

God bless!
I was going to say that voices are an information attack that by all appearances may as well be from some totally seperate society or even underground bunker hospital system. I always joke that cia actually stands for counter information attack, and is directly related to god and the history of religion. DEA - might wiretap your head though, lol, so many people have failed god in the face of a very well thought out info spy war, i cant image people ever recovering and actually performing the actual truth of free power through peace, love, and violence that would prevent these voice groups from over running our communiites, since everybody fights backward at the first sign of pressure, to lose freedom and equality rather than ensure it. the voices are too good at what they do, that entire countries have gone down to the m.o. of their strategies. i think the world doomed as in noahs day, when god just may need to pick to start over... my voices have totally rigged against countering their info attack in the minds of others, they claim supremacy over women, real black and white mafia, and cops.

Whose outrage can equal the death spasms of an eagle...

delusion and false or just a confusing third world information reception dish...???

jethro5cc

R

rabina

returncc,

The voice(s) brainwash and condtion with false information.
The hardest thing to do is to re-condition the mind from the damage the voice(s) have done.
Go back to the time before hearing a voice(s) and remember the state of your mind and being then.
Who were you; what was important to you; what mattered in life, etc.
The voices must be dealt with with our own personal intelligence, morals and values.
The voices give false information; why?
Maybe they're in it for the power?
Use the most powerful forces you have available and one I believe is God as well as your own mind and spirit.

rabina

R

Ricky B

Hi Rabina,

Great ideas- Thanks!

All the best,
Ricky B

Returncc

Returncc

returncc,

The voice(s) brainwash and condtion with false information.
The hardest thing to do is to re-condition the mind from the damage the voice(s) have done.
Go back to the time before hearing a voice(s) and remember the state of your mind and being then.
Who were you; what was important to you; what mattered in life, etc.
The voices must be dealt with with our own personal intelligence, morals and values.
The voices give false information; why?
Maybe they're in it for the power?
Use the most powerful forces you have available and one I believe is God as well as your own mind and spirit.

rabina
Hi rabina,

I just cross-exam these voices talking with the same rules as a court of law, reject hearsay, statements that contradict, etc, etc, and cross-reference non-inconsistent statements with my deity voice, if it passes a cross-check with him, i just wait for inconsistent statements that may be said later, to examine as if in public, this way i live two lives at the same time, a forensic expert that is not invested in voice information but can reject and challenge liars, except the diety voice, (who usually tells people when he is lying) while I know that i do not have the truth, i also know i have rejected as much false information as i can, I am not yet able to reject all the false information, but i know what their story is, seperate from mine, but the voices never quit being delusional occupationalists, they are from hell, against me and everyone they have yet to assualt and mind capture, i thought at some point someone beyond the voice community would want to hear their story, but they don't, i find it rather convincing, although I have not pinned down any final information, there are only a few explanations left, i dont let them lie, and throw away inconsistent statements, they can talk about their problems, but not mine. Is there a religion on earth that doesnt make sense to a schizophrenic if you add in a religious mountain pressure as an excuse for voices.

...and i think the david icke videos insightful for the schizophrenic survivor......

jethro5cc

T

terri

Snar faced best pals snacked, am poorly too and dust gop out at 0007 nop now day0707

Yes Jethro, now I write something you may not understand, but one hath just shot off and he had rather a lot of winds and rather a great deal of power and one of those not half not one armed man's walked straight past with rather a lot of not not flesh and bones, and now things are not half occurring not half around here and me, and well the things that you take for granted that people think and should know and not assume just because my bra is off to the laundry, the one I was to wear today with all the rest, and no I am not do lesbo and neither are you not do not not do homo as our ol mam would ssay, so don't do deadly serious but Jethro are you having dough breathing problems like, me and there's no air in and I aint half deadly serious and am off and will continued this po later before I paff out with lots of not air in problems, and wowwwaaa, no need for my heart hath stopped beating or if it hath gone dead slow, and I have had a stroke on behalf of another woman for my arm hath gone dead, and now my head has gone pounded and my back has pain and I am not even ill so there are rather lot of transferers and I am not half in a prime spot to help save what a lot of old people who are off on rather a lot of pain killers tablets so good jos as well and well should they not have been on those lots and lots of tablets I would have ed to chuck myself off da side to get myself away from here because now there are a multitude of sinning and lots and lots and lots of pressure and would you like to look far better than what's a lot of waxing on what a lot of tassh for what a girl like you and what's she done tied her hair up and what's she got, lots of spots and what a tight arse as my ol mam would say and what a lot of bods and what a great pair of goosies as our pops would have said and well what a lot of botox as well, and it aint not me, and well who got the betters, me of course, and well guess I got a nips stand ups and all in what, a right place, and what, not low slung, and it's took ups all of 59 years to convince ims that am the one that they want, oo oo oo unney, and what am trying to say and am far too modest for mi own gud, is that them rather not nice fellas sitting either with or without their wives, rather fancy a girl with big boo zeys tank you mickey for dat nice mover gosh you did not half turn me on not off a den dat was nice dat was so wh at we do now is not half do wat lots of l

and what am trying to say is there are lots of tarts on board and we ent got them job pots on neither and those tarts are not half not girls all except us for that#s what they tink now dont they not about me then not a spot of jordon and what she says is, you keep your eyes off my husband, and what i was doing so slyly was giving him an eyefull to see what's in him, for him to behave like he was what, god's gift, and guess he got himself a face slap comin, for what a lot of ballets and guess I got myself my slips off on my feet and guess he wants me to perform, what's best, girl's whose good, or gels dat's bad, and dat's not racist not now, and yep I'm gonna run off with a black un, one of these fines days, when i guzz off back and gets mi job backum. Silly soss now: what's plaine english den dop borim and for dem nop to understandies so we got ussens da laffin' and ff for t, ta tas

Me's got the bestest, not Kates

And my whop men towd me that one so dhere, ne na ma ma ma

all da bestest, tam off now we know we over good stuffs sint tit now sinner not yep got to go can't cope down below, headaches not half not shifted not yet but you do knows what I mean off to face book tata

R

rabina

Hi rabina,

I just cross-exam these voices talking with the same rules as a court of law, reject hearsay, statements that contradict, etc, etc, and cross-reference non-inconsistent statements with my deity voice, if it passes a cross-check with him, i just wait for inconsistent statements that may be said later, to examine as if in public, this way i live two lives at the same time, a forensic expert that is not invested in voice information but can reject and challenge liars, except the diety voice, (who usually tells people when he is lying) while I am not yet able to reject all the false information, but i know what it is, from the voices, in case anyone else ever needs it, and my own personal life is separate, but the voices keep trying to close in, with basically the same info from hell, against me and everyone else for that matter, through invisible forms of meaningful despotism, oh hell and high water... i personally dont give a darn, but i think other people should... what if the voices dont lie....where are the people who want to make a career describing the stories from voices and diety??? Is there a religion on earth that doesnt make sense to a schizophrenic if you add in a mountain pressure pyramid that creates voices.

... but this is a very good memo you have written ...

...and i think the david icke videos insightful for the schizophrenic survivor......

jethro5cc
returncc,

I basically have one question for you and that is this:
Why do you, other than to provoke or be sarcastic or cynical call people who hear voices schizoprhenic???
Or is that you consider yourself only to be schizophrenic which basically means you are not living in or aware of reality.
You seem pretty intelligent to me although I admit I don't always understand all your posts.
What are these meaningful forms of despotism as you state?
Thanks,

rabina

T

terri

I could not miss coming back and adding my half a crown worth to this one and well what a good debate going and Yes I am not unlike me either and I go two ways and do either the grammatical which is not at all easy to do with so many dyslexics on board and or not half their true language and or the language of love and or the language of the italian or the language of the spanish and what I mean to say is that guy on the boat is an expert at the love in and yes I have not so much as tried him out but the way he says those words in front of the lovely angel whose hand he was stroking with such a sparkle in her eyes and well what a lot of charism, just the sort of guy I would have fallen for once upon a dream world, with what a lot of what's it called the big O, and I do not mean our father, and well what I mean to say is do not stop the language of words for the foreign for I do not understand not until I get myself a glance at what goes off on board and what do they all love about women women that is and that is what I am not now and never was not until I get myself pushed there by a great big Boff of An Arch Angel called Satan not for nothing, and what did I do I get myself off to beddy byes out the way, and now I must tell you all, that I am being spied on for now there is another brown cleaner in here with what a lot of chemicals for all the computers and the key board and yes it was the waiter from this morning and he is wearing a mask and just like they do in china and when I asked the previous cleaner why he was wearing the mask what, all of no more than 2 or 3 minutes ago, and yes now he is looking over my shoulder the first one that is, and well what a lot of chemicals of the chlorine and well what about us and we are still sort of confined here where ever we go on the boat, especially the smokers when there is diesel so what a ridiculous situation and have they not gone overboard and just to say when I was a little bit tiddly last night after what, only a small drop of tin and lots and lots of bitter lemon with half a ton of ice, and yes was happy on adrenelin and happiness, and what's it called through those dapper doptor's it's called lots and lots of bipolar the barkin lot and that's for the doggy world and yes there is a smashing chap on board who is not so very happily married and just not unlike a spoiled child and shooting here there and everywhere and behaving like a complete plonker not unlike Fools and Horses and well he does not half have me and lots of others laughing and guess what she says the reason how she copes and blames him for this one, 15 years off on hrt, and well not a tot of cancer anywhere so guess she was one of the lucky ones, and well, not our suzz and well what I forgot to mention is that she had a scabby mole on her face once upon a days and what did she do she scratched it off and cut it as well, and tackled it until it was all gone, so I hope I do not put your off your breakfast or brunch or whatever, and yes it did disappear without the daft doptor's check and well not so daft hey, screw face in total not half not anger, what's it called, at disappointment at her for she did not half have a brain and was so very brave and well susie you daft lovely sister you dick head bird you flippin well did not lose your beret when you chucked it on your beautiful long not half almost black hair not unlike our mums when you were running down the road for the bus the B9 that was in those good old bad old days when our chuffin dad, oh well, sue you really should have kept it covered, your hair that is, for what a lot of lovely sparkling rain and what a great deal of lead taps and what were we brought up on all the while, lots and lots of vim and lots and lots of water from top spring called Misks and well what a play ground and what a ball we had u sing our hands down at Walvins to get ourselves a drink when we were gasping with thirst and what a lovely skin we all had and have and well not our suzz now for her has gone inta oven and well ta ta everyone for he is doing the cleaning that was already been done now and well such a sweet face and now he is having a chat up and gosh he must be all of 17 and I am what now, all of 24.

Ha ha

Tello

Returncc

Returncc

returncc,

I basically have one question for you and that is this:
Why do you, other than to provoke or be sarcastic or cynical call people who hear voices schizoprhenic???
Or is that you consider yourself only to be schizophrenic which basically means you are not living in or aware of reality.
You seem pretty intelligent to me although I admit I don't always understand all your posts.
What are these meaningful forms of despotism as you state?
Thanks,

rabina
I just equate hearing voices with schizophrenia, if you are avoiding false information then you hear voices but if you fail to avoid false information then you have symptoms...

I also find that the voices (not God) use one of four strategies, if they are beyond standards of good judgment, they are either threating sadism, fascism, satanism or terrorism, or they mix two cateogories together, i define satanism as lies that harm people and terrorism as constant not-serious threats. they seem to split there teams up into sadistic terrorists (assault and terrorize) or satanic fascism (lies and control).

meaningful despotism is the poverty of the attacks...

non-voice hearers must find this crazy, but it really helps me name a spade to constructively confront my voices, if only they would go away or be peaceful, they are truly the never ending story of having nothing else to do. They are mostly lying pigs...

returncc

T

ThePayingRoomate

I just equate hearing voices with schizophrenia, if you are avoiding false information then you hear voices but if you fail to avoid false information then you have symptoms...

I also find that the voices (not God) use one of four strategies, if they are beyond standards of good judgment, they are either threating sadism, fascism, satanism or terrorism, or they mix two cateogories together, i define satanism as lies that harm people and terrorism as constant not-serious threats. they seem to split there teams up into sadistic terrorists (assault and terrorize) or satanic fascism (lies and control).

meaningful despotism is the poverty of the attacks...

non-voice hearers must find this crazy, but it really helps me name a spade to constructively confront my voices, if only they would go away or be peaceful, they are truly the never ending story of having nothing else to do. They are mostly lying pigs...

returncc
Heck, these days "schizophrenia" is often less threatening to people than simply saying one "hears voices." There's enough information out there among the masses on various conditions that at least with schizophrenia there's a structure/order/explanation they can fall back on to understand it, even if minimally. But a little understanding goes a long way in species that fears what it doesn't understand, whether by social construct or evolutionary survival trait.

Compared with the less explanatory and certainly less understood notion of "hearing voices" which immediately gets associated with stories and urban legends of infamous serial killers and other bad things... so much so they have silly t-shirts you can buy to scare "the normals" with that say things like, "I do what the voices tell me" or "You're just jealous because the voices talk to me" etc etc.

I think there will always be some underlying fear of those who are different and not well understood... but they seem to deal better with that fear if it can be neatly categorized, labeled, and qualified with a superficial description of why it is what it is.

Or perhaps this is just some analytical pessimism on my part? Dunno.