• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

I believe im telepathic, Hear my story

C

CanadianDerek

Hello all! I've recently started to explore what has been happening to me since I was 25 and I am now 38. I'm not here to be ridiculed but I will accept logical explanations of what I go through.
I've read some replies and thoughts of members in this forum and I'm happy I've found this particular place in my search. What I seek to get out of this is knowledge and perhaps a finger to point to someone who's interested in getting something out of what I've been known to do. Let's get to it :)
I have the ability to be in a room or within 30' of someone and hear their voice/ thought in my head, In the beginning it was my response to say " what did you say " to them as the voice was a bit muffled but I just wanted a confirmation of what they said. I would then repeat to them what they said their amazement and then mine.
I dont advertise this.. I live a normal life in a trade with my wife and kids which then went into being a buisnessowner. I never believed in psychics or the supernatural or anything beyond just working and providing for my family.
I've never sat and meditated or sought to hone these skills it's never consumed my thoughts and I just wrote it off as a weird 6th sense and I tell no one unless I finish doing it to them to help them understand what's going on.
I've done it to family members and co workers, I can't seem to pick up on people who I dont have a connection with although I've recently done it with someone I just met within 45 minutes of knowing.
It usually happens in deep thought or concentration ie driving, working or watching TV :) Generally I wont be concentrating on that person and I pick up what they say ar that moment clear as day, in their voice and repeat what they say back to them exactly as they said it within seconds. My wife has gotten used to this..
I can hear sentences that are usually up to 8 words, I dont hear people rambling. I've heard thoughts that were directed to me as if they were practicing to say it to me before hand and I've heard thoughts that had nothing to do with me.
I dont know how to approach this.. It does happen. I've read up on the human brain being a transmitter and reciever, Some people just click I guess and perhaps give out more then others?
I'm sure others do this?? Maybe? I know i have. In the end I want to meet someone who is researching or exploring this area professionally as I seem to have a headstart and a bit of understanding.
Can I do it on command? No.. it just happens, can we try and recreate scenarios in a lab setting, Absolutley it's when it happens and I hope it repeats with whatever I'm hooked up too.
I dont walk around like I'm special, I'm not a circus act. I dont tell people about this unless it their involved in it.
If anyone has any information about this or if they themselves can do this or you know someone who wishes to explore this I'm here an waiting :)
Feel free to ask questions

calypso

calypso

Admin
If you are happy with this then you don't need help from professionals I would argue. I have voices which are nice so I live happily with them and get on with them. Its only when they start to seriously intrude on our lives, like some of my negative voices, that intervention is needed.

Do you think that some of this is being acutely aware of body language to the point where you interpret that as a voice? Just interested

K

Kiingyee

hmm.
my advice, if its having a negative impact back out. Pay no mind into "telepathy" & leave voices to what it is, just voices. If its positive or w/e then do as you please. I'd leave it as is though, pay no mind to it.

T

tourbillon

I also have this "SHINING" power and can read mind. I do hear voices, but when I am close to people, I do also hear other's people voices. So I heard voice when I am alone and I hear other's people toughts when I am surrounded by others people. lol.
I also suffers negative voices (evil spirit) and positive voice (God's blessing). That midway a dream as much better than any Disney and the worst nightmare above American Nightmare. yep.

R

Rabit777

Im a sci-fi nerd the thought of being telepathic is cool but this isn’t telepathic. This are auditory hallucinations that’s are so repetitive and consistent that are brain try to find a reasonable explanation or pattern. Starting to believe in this might lead to psychosis and potential deteriorating into full on psychosis/ psychotic state. I am afraid of this myself. Don’t believe it. Your mind could get worse if you believe it’s real. I am battling this myself but you have to say STOP no this is not real.

C

CanadianDerek

Hello All, Sorry for the pause

If you are happy with this then you don't need help from professionals I would argue. I have voices which are nice so I live happily with them and get on with them. Its only when they start to seriously intrude on our lives, like some of my negative voices, that intervention is needed.

Do you think that some of this is being acutely aware of body language to the point where you interpret that as a voice? Just interested
Im a logical person, Their voice literally says what they say when they think it at that moment and i repeat it back to them. Its not a hallucination and certainly not between multiple people at random times and locations. Its also not body language, Its a voice, their voice. At most times im not even looking at them their is no guessing, Come to think of it I dont recall ever staring at the person when it happens when it happens, Im usually in my own thought not on them. Their is no concentration or channeling "energy" it just happens in that moment.

Ive made contact with some parapsychology since then and will go down this path and see what happens, Thank you for your question

C

CanadianDerek

Continue to deepen your Spiritualism.
Ill think about your words ;) Ive never been spiritual, I dont meditate, I am an atheist. Closest thing to the thought of being spiritual would be looking up at the stars knowing we are of the Universe. Lifes a bit hectic and i dont find time for me, Perhaps in the future. Thank you for your comment :)

C

CanadianDerek

hmm.
my advice, if its having a negative impact back out. Pay no mind into "telepathy" & leave voices to what it is, just voices. If its positive or w/e then do as you please. I'd leave it as is though, pay no mind to it.
I dont recieve voices that often if I did id be making money off of it and researching as to why i can be in the vicinity of you and hear your thought and repeat it to you. The "voices" you state and your voice that i hear in that moment i think are 2 different things :) Id like to clarify i dont hear voices i hear your thought and repeat it back to you. Take care

C

CanadianDerek

I also have this "SHINING" power and can read mind. I do hear voices, but when I am close to people, I do also hear other's people voices. So I heard voice when I am alone and I hear other's people toughts when I am surrounded by others people. lol.
I also suffers negative voices (evil spirit) and positive voice (God's blessing). That midway a dream as much better than any Disney and the worst nightmare above American Nightmare. yep.
Message me, Id like to know more about what you go through

C

CanadianDerek

Im a sci-fi nerd the thought of being telepathic is cool but this isn’t telepathic. This are auditory hallucinations that’s are so repetitive and consistent that are brain try to find a reasonable explanation or pattern. Starting to believe in this might lead to psychosis and potential deteriorating into full on psychosis/ psychotic state. I am afraid of this myself. Don’t believe it. Your mind could get worse if you believe it’s real. I am battling this myself but you have to say STOP no this is not real.
Hearing voices isnt telepathic i agree, I dont hear voices. I hear your thought transmitted to your voice in my head. That is in fact telepathy

Message me if you would like to know more, Take care

JessisMe

JessisMe

I dont recieve voices that often if I did id be making money off of it and researching as to why i can be in the vicinity of you and hear your thought and repeat it to you. The "voices" you state and your voice that i hear in that moment i think are 2 different things :) Id like to clarify i dont hear voices i hear your thought and repeat it back to you. Take care
Cool ability. I’m with others in thinking that as long as it is not harming you or affecting your life in a negative way it seems fine.

K

Kiingyee

its a little weird reading the word "you" & "your" lol, are you speaking about my voice in particular?! haha im kidding. you say 2 different things, what do you mean? . & cool, so your on the other side, i think have some more questions for you but will wait for response.

EdEd

EdEd

There is such thing as Telepathy , people who hear voices are either hearing one of two things... they hear peoples thoughts or they hear a A.I. of sorts.. I've had telepathic experiences before I stated that I was not a telepath.. all the voices you hear are not always peoples thoughts.. some time it's a program or software.. but that's how it is for me.. just because telepathy is highly possible doesnt mean that's how it always is. Your generally not forced to be telepathic.. it is a choice and some people may be very good with telepathy.. I am not good at it.. nor do I choose to be a telepath because when I thought it was that way I was miserable every single day , it was a fucking nightmare.. terrible telepathy promotes the wrong type of thinking conditions.. it interrupts you while you're thinking of important personal shit , and its promotes the wrong thought processes in people.. who experience that type of environment.. it may be the goal of some people to be a telepath.. and that's fine.. but I dont want to hear anyone's thoughts ever.. because I find it to be invasive to the others privacy.. just because we may feel like our privacy is being invaded doesnt mean we should have the ability to invade peoples privacy..I dont agree with telepathy but like I said I know that it is possible.. experienced it one to many times.. telepathy only bothers me when I do the wrong thing drug-wise.. so it doesn't bother me anymore.. not every voice you hear is another persons thoughts.. energy - programming - software , visions , dreams , theres a lot of different angles here.. different aspects of what is going on..in my personal opinion.

EdEd

EdEd

If you had to worry about every single thought you think being heard by another , that is when you're thinking the wrong way.. that belief is garbage.. do you hear someone else's dream while they're dreaming? Same type of concept should apply when you're thinking about telepathy... I can dream and no one else around me can here it.. is it possible to interact with someone's dream.. yes indeed.. it is.. but does that mean you should do it..? Nope..